Starchoice/Shaw Direct Mexico Desperate

It sounds like you have already locked on the F1, in that case you can activate your box, and tune into ch. 712 to lock on F2 at 111.1

In my case with a 505 receiver, only once activated I had that channel displayed.
Actually before activating and other than channel 299, I think I had the classic listing which would show the Canadian channels in the 300s but once activated it showed the advanced line up numbering, with HDs in the 300s and the Canadian channels below the 100.

I think that once activated ch. 70 APTN is also on F2.

It sounds like you have already locked on the F1, in that case you can activate your box, and tune into ch. 712 to lock on F2 at 111.1

Yes....and just to expand on this a little.....if your box is not activated, you will not receive any channels from Anik F2 that you can use to find the signal from that satellite. I believe the sequence is (1) find the signal from F1R on 299 (2) activate you receiver with Shaw, and (3) point your second dish to F2 and peak the signal.

Another F2 channel that you should receive in your package, once activated, is SRC Montreal (700).

Yes....and just to expand on this a little.....if your box is not activated, you will not receive any channels from Anik F2 that you can use to find the signal from that satellite. I believe the sequence is (1) find the signal from F1R on 299 (2) activate you receiver with Shaw, and (3) point your second dish to F2 and peak the signal.

Another F2 channel that you should receive in your package, once activated, is SRC Montreal (700).

correct. A never activated receiver wont see F2 until they send the "hit" to program it

As for aiming the dish you can use 700 (SRC Montreal), 711 (TVA Montreal) or 350 (APTN) as all 3 are on F2.

Channels on F2 that are in basic packages
700 SRC Montreal
711, 712,715 TVA
730 RDI
350 APTN

730 RDI

Odd as it may seem, 730 is an Anik F1R channel, that is, unless they've changed it in the last month. When I had my single-dish set up looking at F2, I couldn't pick up RDI. It's one of the reasons I upgrade to a standard Shaw dish.......although it's a news channel, the programming is a lot more varied than LCN (760). RDI is the news channel to SRC, sort of like what FoxNews is to Fox Network in the US.....

I think that once activated ch. 70 APTN is also on F2.

correct. A never activated receiver wont see F2 until they send the "hit" to program it

As for aiming the dish you can use 700 (SRC Montreal), 711 (TVA Montreal) or 350 (APTN) as all 3 are on F2.

700 SRC Montreal
711, 712,715 TVA
730 RDI
350 APTN

An unactivated box will have the classic channel lineup, Canadian channels in the 300s (English) I even watched some open channels, 351, 354, 390, 392 and then the French language chs in the 700s,

Once activated APTN will be on ch. 70 as per the advanced lineup. and the 300s will show the HD chs.

No, it is NOT Compulobo they sell that thing like 5 times the price it should be! I bought it in Guadalajara because it's not activated, and it's brand new. I don't want to activate it until I get a green light.
¿Dónde en Guadalajara, my friend? A mi se me fue la señal del Dish americano y la solución que me ofrecen es comprar antenas de 2.40mts a 8 mil pesotes cada una. Agradeceré tu ayuda

¿Dónde en Guadalajara, my friend? A mi se me fue la señal del Dish americano y la solución que me ofrecen es comprar antenas de 2.40mts a 8 mil pesotes cada una. Agradeceré tu ayuda

CP electronics in Guadalajara, they sell the SD receivers, take a look

CP Electronics: CAJA - STARCHOICE

>They still list them as starchoice (the previous name) but those are the Shaw Direct boxes.

Don´t let those guys deceive you, I had Dish until the last transition with the E 14 at 119, made me give up all hope, here in Mexico City even if you have a 2.4 mts dish pointed at 119 you will only get 7 tps, and by the way 8 mil pesos is very expensive for a 2.4 mts, I´m sure in any event you´d get those at a better price.

Saludos

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)