Stargate SG-1 Discussion

Well, we watched seasons 1 and 2 of Atlantis and season 3 is on its way. I rather doubt we will get to watch the whole season that quickly so I will have to start recording season 4 on SciFi. The re-runs on universal are in hd
I did like SG1 better than ATlantis.

You'd have to watch it hard and fast to get season 3 in before season 4 starts. ;)

Yep, I liked SG1 better as well. Better character chemistry and (thusfar) better plots.

The direct-to-dvd movies that wrap up the Ori arc and the stand-alone movie release dates have been pushed back into early 2008, even though they're pretty much completed...

Can't set up a timer for SGA yet...the guide only goes out to the 25th...

Well, we did have some SG1 marathons over the summer to get through them all but there wasnt much else on then. Now all the new seasons are starting so it wouldnt be as easy. I expect Atlantis to arrive tomorrow. With one more week of re-runs maybe.

Someone leaked a draft copy of the new Stargate DVD release, Ark of Truth over the holidays. I finally watched it. Pretty good conclusion to the Ori storyline and I urge folks to grab the final product once its out.

Did like seeing the gang back together, and the story, especially the replicator bit, was pretty good. I just wish the "solution" didn't involve a magical deus ex machina device like the Ark of Truth that magically fixed everything. They've relied upon that sort of thing too much... first the bomb that kills ascended beings, then this.

Can't wait for the next film either, which I believe centers around B'aal.

I've got it pre-ordered (March is aways off though), so I watched it last night.

Very, very enjoyable. Can't wait to see the next one, whenever it comes out!

Yeah, the ark was an easy fix, but still, it was good seeing the "band" again and the replicators side of it was intense.

So, for the past several months I have been watching each season of SG1 on DVD. And loving every minute of it. Up to season 4. Some incredible episodes and storylines.

Yesterday watched "Watergate" about the gate the Russians found after the first gate crashed into the ocean... anyway, when I realized Marina Sirtis would be in it, I was like "cool, this should be fun." Dang. It was quite impressive how annoying she was as the russian scientist.

Still, the scene with Teal'c getting upset about jumping out of the airplane... that was classic. :)

I love this show. And am thrilled I have six more seasons to go. :D

Yeah, Sirtis did a great job in that episode. It was good seeing her a role other than "Counselor Troi". Loved her reply to Jackson about the sub being Swiss-made.

It's a terrific series and I hope they keep it going on direct-to-DVD. :)

But so much dissonance for me; being used to her just as Troi. :)

Such a good show; can't believe I missed it all those years.

I didn't have showtime at the time, and by the time it came to Sci-Fi, I just didn't know what it was. And at the time, I still had Trek to keep me occupied. :D

Dont feel bad Rocky. We didnt catch it while it was on either and did marathons over the summer watching all 10 seasons and then the 3 of Atlantis.
Then we went to Lost and watched all of them before it started up again.
Now we have started on BSG season 1. You know, the writers strike didnt bother us a bit :)

I think maybe the hubby will listen to me the next time I want to watch a different series. I swear the man could recite the dialog of every Law and Order. lol

Ok, another comment on an old SG1. Watched "The Curse" today, when Daniel went back to Chicago for his professor's funeral, and his OLD girlfriend ends up becoming a go'auld. For a guy who is supposed to be somewhat geeky, he has had some beautiful girlfriends/wifes. :)

Although, since both his girlfriend and his wife become go'aulds, the dude does not have good luck. :D

I love this show.

Anyone know the date that the SciFi channel will show the first SG1 movie?

My new copy of Wired Magazine references it, so I assume it is March, but I didn't see the date mentioned.....

I don't believe SciFi will air the movie anytime soon. Its ment to be a straight to DVD offer, and they want you to buy it. Releases on March 11th.

Continuum should be out mid-summer on DVD.

My guess is you'll have to wait till the fall before either airs on TV.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Latest posts