Stargate SG-1 Discussion

Dr. Soran - ST Generations

"They say time is the fire in which we burn. Right now, Captain, my time is running out. We leave so many things unfinished in our lives."

Alas, I think somethings about DS9 will sadly be left unfinished, except maybe for ST novels...

We are on Season 5 now. I can only remember 1 episode so far that I really didnt watch because I didnt like it.

I wish I could get my wife to watch the gates and trek with me.. she did watch TNG when we were engaged and when we first were married, 15 years ago, but she quickly realized she didn't have to anymore ;)

Just like I realized I didn't have to participate in stupid dances at weddings anymore. No more chicken dances for me! :D :D

lol Well, I can honestly say neither of us has done any chicken dances.
We have all the copies of the Star Treks and Star Wars. We have the original Battlestar Gallactica series and now are collecting the Stargates and are having marathon watching sessions most weekends. The SciFi genre is one area we all agree on in the household.

lol Well, I can honestly say neither of us has done any chicken dances.
We have all the copies of the Star Treks and Star Wars. We have the original Battlestar Gallactica series and now are collecting the Stargates and are having marathon watching sessions most weekends. The SciFi genre is one area we all agree on in the household.

Awesome!

long_time_DNC:

Your post about submitting a script to ST:TNG.... Did you actually get a written rejection when you submitted it, or just a thanks for sending this along? I know they used to get hundreds, if not thousands of unsolicited scripts. I wonder if they ever seriously looked at them, or just ignored them to protect their own self-interest in writing the shows themselves...

long_time_DNC:

Your post about submitting a script to ST:TNG.... Did you actually get a written rejection when you submitted it, or just a thanks for sending this along? I know they used to get hundreds, if not thousands of unsolicited scripts. I wonder if they ever seriously looked at them, or just ignored them to protect their own self-interest in writing the shows themselves...

I received a written rejection letter along with my script when they returned it. They did look at it, though, as there are a few hand-written notes on various pages throughout. Interestingly, some of the basic ideas in my story turned up in a few other episodes in seasons 6 and 7. So, they may have had similiar ideas already planned, which contributed to the rejection of my script, or they just liked some of what was in mine and didn't want to buy it. I registered it with the WGA and so they had a copy on-file, so P*mount couldn't just rip it off entirely.

I received a written rejection letter along with my script when they returned it. They did look at it, though, as there are a few hand-written notes on various pages throughout. Interestingly, some of the basic ideas in my story turned up in a few other episodes in seasons 6 and 7. So, they may have had similiar ideas already planned, which contributed to the rejection of my script, or they just liked some of what was in mine and didn't want to buy it. I registered it with the WGA and so they had a copy on-file, so P*mount couldn't just rip it off entirely.

That's a neat story. And even though it did not get accepted, at least you had evidence that they actually looked at it.