Stargate SG-1 Discussion

Just watched Continuum. It feels very much like just a much longer episode of Stargate rather than any sort of finale (a good thing in my opinion.) Central plot has to do with B'aal changing time, but thankfully they downplay this enough to not ruin the story's credibility. Some time travel stories just don't work well, but this one does in my opinion.

I liked it much better than the previous movie, because this one doesn't have a deus ex machina ending like that one did that magically solves everything. (ooh, magic box that mind-warps the Priors)

Primary action occurs for most of the movie occurs with Mitchel, Carter and Jackson, but Jack O'Neil shows up briefly in a bit more than a cameo role and Teal'c and Vala play important supporting roles. Landry shows up briefly and Hammond also is present, although only for one scene. No sign of Landry's daughter and little character interaction with minor figures such as chevron guy Walter.

All in all I feel quite satisfied with the movie. The lack of it acting like a finale makes me hope we'll see more of the characters in the future (certainly from time to time on Atlantis).

Just watched Continuum. It feels very much like just a much longer episode of Stargate rather than any sort of finale (a good thing in my opinion.) Central plot has to do with B'aal changing time, but thankfully they downplay this enough to not ruin the story's credibility. Some time travel stories just don't work well, but this one does in my opinion.

I liked it much better than the previous movie, because this one doesn't have a deus ex machina ending like that one did that magically solves everything. (ooh, magic box that mind-warps the Priors)

Primary action occurs for most of the movie occurs with Mitchel, Carter and Jackson, but Jack O'Neil shows up briefly in a bit more than a cameo role and Teal'c and Vala play important supporting roles. Landry shows up briefly and Hammond also is present, although only for one scene. No sign of Landry's daughter and little character interaction with minor figures such as chevron guy Walter.

All in all I feel quite satisfied with the movie. The lack of it acting like a finale makes me hope we'll see more of the characters in the future (certainly from time to time on Atlantis).

How'd you see it early?

Various sites have illegal downloads - I'll not comment further. I've got no qualms about watching it early as I'll be buying the DVD anyway.

RECOMMENDED EPISODES

Get ready for the biggest SG-1 adventure ever in Stargate: Continuum! The movie has time travel, revenge, power-hungry System Lords -- and, most importantly, the friendship and trust of the SG-1 team.

To help prepare you for the movie, we've assembled a short list of some key episodes from the past 11 years. While it's not necessary to watch them all, they will help to refresh your memory on some key areas, so that you don't wind up scratching your head about anything you see in the film.
Source: GateWorld - The Stargate: Continuum Viewer's Guide

Continuum arrived in my mailbox today! :)

So, after SGA Friday night, I'll be kicking back in my home theater watching it. :) Yep, I be smilin'! :)

I read yesterday that sales of AOT and pre-sales of Continuum have been so good that more direct-to-DVD SG1 movies are "possible". Tapping's photo in the the page prior to the interview page was as a brunette...she really looks great as a brunette, believe me!

Here's the link:

'Stargate: Continuum' Cast Recall Being On Ice - Zap2it

Watching continuum now.... feels like a good episode. I like so far. :)

Amanda looks a LOT better in it than she did in Atlantis. She must have lost some weight since filming SGA last year. Looks very good. :D

My kid, who is not a big stargate fan (yet), loved it. He was "this is so much better than that other movie" (referring to the original 1994 film).

I need to pick some really good episodes to hook him into the series. :D