Stargate SG-1 Discussion

Thinking some more about the movie. It sure was nice getting to see Don Davis one last time as General Hammond, even though it was a small role. Too bad they didn't bring back Doc Fraser from the dead.

I enjoyed the living daylights out of that movie! Well written, great plot, great acting and effects and, like fergie said, it was like seeing old friends again after many years.

I really hope they make more of these and I'm going to order it again (BD this time) so that when I get my blu-ray player, I can watch it in HD. I'll give this SD copy to my sister for her birthday. :)

She won't mind that I've watched it once and she loves SG1 too. :)

I enjoyed the living daylights out of that movie! Well written, great plot, great acting and effects and, like fergie said, it was like seeing old friends again after many years.

I really hope they make more of these and I'm going to order it again (BD this time) so that when I get my blu-ray player, I can watch it in HD. I'll give this SD copy to my sister for her birthday. :)

She won't mind that I've watched it once and she loves SG1 too. :)

I didn't realize you were stuck watching it in SD. It was such a pleasure to watch it in HD. They did a good job.

I haven't even thought about the first movie from earlier this year, as I still have three seasons of SG1 to watch, and I didn't want to watch the end of the Ori arc, before I got to the beginning.

But yes, this was a really great flick. It had the same impact on me as Star Trek Insurrection did. ST:I felt like a really good two-part TNG episode; this did the same.

OT... how about changing the name of this thread to just Stargate SG-1? As we changed the thread in HD programming's name to Stargate Atlantis...Moebius was excellent, been awhile since I have watched and the ScifiHD versions looked pretty good...

OT... how about changing the name of this thread to just Stargate SG-1? As we changed the thread in HD programming's name to Stargate Atlantis...Moebius was excellent, been awhile since I have watched and the ScifiHD versions looked pretty good...

I thought the same thing yesterday. ;)

I didn't realize you were stuck watching it in SD. It was such a pleasure to watch it in HD. They did a good job.

I haven't even thought about the first movie from earlier this year, as I still have three seasons of SG1 to watch, and I didn't want to watch the end of the Ori arc, before I got to the beginning.

But yes, this was a really great flick. It had the same impact on me as Star Trek Insurrection did. ST:I felt like a really good two-part TNG episode; this did the same.

Well, my Samsung DVD player is an upconverter so it looked quite nice, upconverted to 1080i on my 50" DLP. Of course, I've been shopping/looking at/researching new tv's and BD players and new receivers that handle the new blu-ray audio formats, so I did order the BD version of Continuum last night. Amazon had it for $26.95, which isn't bad.

Good plan to watch the rest of SG1 before watching The Ark of Truth. It wouldn't make near as much sense if you watched it before seeing the Ori arc in the series.

I agree, to a point. ST:Insurrection felt like a good two-part TNG episode. Continuum felt different somehow. They killed off almost every major character at one point in the movie...Jack, Daniel, Sam, Teal'c...the planet getting bombarded massively from orbit...it had a much different feel to it.

As I thought more about it after I got up this morning, I came up with two questions that would've been fun to see the answers to in the movie:

1) When Mitchell went through the gate to 1929, what gate did he come out of?

2) What did he do for a decade until he set things aright on the ship in 1939 and what did he do after that?

Yep, would've been fun to at least have had a little glimpse at the answers to those questions... ;)

I agree, to a point. ST:Insurrection felt like a good two-part TNG episode. Continuum felt different somehow. They killed off almost every major character at one point in the movie...Jack, Daniel, Sam, Teal'c...the planet getting bombarded massively from orbit...it had a much different feel to it.

As I thought more about it after I got up this morning, I came up with two questions that would've been fun to see the answers to in the movie:

1) When Mitchell went through the gate to 1929, what gate did he come out of?

2) What did he do for a decade until he set things aright on the ship in 1939 and what did he do after that?

Yep, would've been fun to at least have had a little glimpse at the answers to those questions... ;)

While killing off the major characters made it different, I knew that it would all be reversed due to the alternate timeline. Plus, it was too easy killing O'Neill; Daniel losing his leg; you just knew that they would find a way to reverse that.

I am not sure any movie would provide the answer to those two questions, because they would always end up on the cutting floor as not essential to the script; but yes, fun to answer.

My answer to #1 is that it would have had to have been the gate in Egypt; as he would have most likely frozen to death in Antartica. Now, I need to refresh my memory, but he would have to get to the gate in Egypt AFTER they uncovered it. A bit too convenient on Sam's part in finding just the perfect time for a time-travel switch. But hey, its a movie! :)

I need to research a little too...as I agree, he'd have frozen to death had he come out the Antartica gate before he managed to anything resembling civilization. I don't remember what state the Giza gate was in before it was taken to the states. Was it buried? I need to take a look at the beginning of the original movie again to remember.

I agree also, the picture in his locker told us a little of what happened afterwards. ;)

Mitchell seemed like a "second fiddle" at first, but after 7-8 episodes, he started to fit-in okay for me.

I have watched some older SG1 shows and at times O'neal starts to get on my nerves with all of his sarcastic comments. I didn't remember him being so bad at the time when they originally aired. I am almost starting to prefer Mitchell to him... (don't shoot me!!!!)

Mitchell just seems stiff to me..... More like Sheppard actually. Those two could be interchanged. But I miss the chemistry that SG1 had. With all the re-runs we have been considering starting SG1 over again.