Stargate SG-1 Discussion

Is there any evidence that there is a difference in the actual DVDs between the old box sets and the "thin packs." As far as I know, they are just a different covering.

On the HC1500 73" S2 and S3 discs do not look as sharp... I think I have the HD1000 set up just right in the BT... will try the same disc I watched last night on the 73" but hooked on "The Tokra" :D (both dvrs have 2 timers going too and I will be 2 weeks behind on Survivor but...)

On the HC1500 73" S2 and S3 discs do not look as sharp... I think I have the HD1000 set up just right in the BT... will try the same disc I watched last night on the 73" but hooked on "The Tokra" :D (both dvrs have 2 timers going too and I will be 2 weeks behind on Survivor but...)

Yeah, the early season ones were really not great when I tried to play them in the HT.

Gotta love the Tokra.... most of the time. ;)

I think S1 & S2 look soft because they were on Showtime at that time and they weren't spending a lot of money on it. S3 and S4, when the show was really catching on, it became obvious that they were spending more money on it. Then SciFi ramped it up even more - before they axed it.

I'd like to see, as dfergie said, Jack back in another SG1 movie and get the whole band back together...

I think S1 & S2 look soft because they were on Showtime at that time and they weren't spending a lot of money on it. S3 and S4, when the show was really catching on, it became obvious that they were spending more money on it. Then SciFi ramped it up even more - before they axed it.

I'd like to see, as dfergie said, Jack back in another SG1 movie and get the whole band back together...

Joe, that makes sense.

I too would like them to be all back together, and not just for a movie where there are only cameos by Jack. I want the four of them together again on a mission.

I watched the first two episodes of season 7 yesterday and today; where Daniel returns, and Jonas leaves. I realized, watching it, that I really liked Jonas' character; and that the show was really in its prime from season 4 through what I am watching now. Its like ST:TNG seasons 3-5; the best darn sci-fi imaginable.

I am eating up these season 7 episodes, knowing that the "gang" only has a short time left as "the gang." And the more I think about it - if the series comes out in BD, I might have to just pony up and get it. :D

Jonas was a good member of the team, the should have brought him back more often... OT but... in a made for USA and straight to DVD movie Beer For My Horses ( I gave it a timer and was SD) Colin Nemic )Jonas)who was in the Video from the song by Toby Keith, also starred in this movie...(didn't make it very far through the movie)

Jonas was a good member of the team, the should have brought him back more often... OT but... in a made for USA and straight to DVD movie Beer For My Horses ( I gave it a timer and was SD) Colin Nemic )Jonas)who was in the Video from the song by Toby Keith, also starred in this movie...(didn't make it very far through the movie)

Yeah, Jonas was good. Jack was hard on him for way too long.