Stargate SG-1 Discussion

Oh, no doubt about it, it was great stuff! I miss the show...

Yeah, when I was reading the description of the new Stargate version of ST:Voyager it made me realize how much I have become vested into the Stargate universe; just as much as Star Trek... and I was convinced that no other show could draw me in to the same degree.

Oh... and my favorite line (so far) from Season 7. An alien on the planet where the find Daniel, referring to Teal'c. "He is a Jaffa!" Jack: "No, but he plays one on t.v."

I burst out laughing when I saw that.

Yep, I remember that one too because I laughed as well. :)

They did that several times during the run of the series - poking a little jab at themselves or doing a Trek in-joke.

Good example: in the episode where they take those engineers to some planet where Salmac and Daniel had crashed in a cargo ship and the engineer guy didn't want to go through the gate, he was telling Sam and Jack about how unnatural it was to be disassembled liked that, etc, etc., and Jack made some wisecrack that was very Star Trek-ish. I laughed at that one also.

When this series ran on Showtime, I was hooked during it's first few episodes. I looked forward to "Sci-Friday" every week after that. :)

Scifi
<!--
clear.gif
--> SG-1 UNENDING 2 am 11/22

Just watched Birthright, the 7th season show where T'Pol guest-stars (ok, I can't remember her name). Saw that Christopher Judge wrote the episode. Since he got to make out with the T'Pol character, I wonder if he picked her for the part. :D

Actually a good episode. Oh hell, they are all good episodes.

Trekking out here tonight... Watched a Mirror DS9 episode & now on a Voyager from Spike HD... up converts, but not bad... btw... next Friday there is an Atlantis mini marathon at 8 am Est... Been catching a few of the Jonas episodes of SG1 on Scifi.

The one where "Smiley" came over and abducted Sisco to help stop the Mirror universe's Jennifer from finishing a device to scan for Terrans... (can't think of the name) then watched the Voyager where the ship was duplicated and Ensign Wilder had her baby...

Just watched Grace; where Sam is marooned on prometheus with a head injury. I didn't really care for the episode, except in the beginning - when the ship was running from the alien vessel.

The thing that got me was that SG1 probably has too many writers from Trek; the first five minutes of the episode had TNG written all over it. Almost too much.

I need to start watching these all over again. It has been a while.

Just watched Fallout, with the goauld on Jonas' home planet. Not sure who the actress was, but mighty fine. :)

Made me realize how much I missed Jonas not being part of the team.