Start an account with Welcome Pack???

Wouldn't your Roamio become useless if you go back to DISH?

You think it's going to automatically shut off or something? There's people on here using both. Maybe he's moving and is checking his options...

Roamio = OTA channels guide data, no issue
Dish = OTA channels guide data, IF we f-ing feel like giving it to you, and you'll like it either way!

You could signup with the smart pack & downgrade to the welcome pack after a year. It'll be the same price either way.

Wouldn't your Roamio become useless if you go back to DISH?

You think it's going to automatically shut off or something? There's people on here using both. Maybe he's moving and is checking his options...

exactly. Possibly moving. Had Tivo and Directv for a year so why not Dish and Tivo?

exactly. ANd still have a few months left on 1 year commitment
Dish = OTA channels guide data, IF we f-ing feel like giving it to you, and you'll like it either way!
yeah no duh. Lets see
CBS-satellite station of the Minneapolis station. Same guide 100% yet Dish doesnt carry guide info for the satellite station
FOX-translator station so obviously not
PBS-6 stations and DIsh carries guide info for ALL of them....huh go figure

Oh it has been done. Had a guy last summer I signed up on AT 120 with a 211 (leased) on a houseboat. As soon as the boating season was over he downgraded to the welcome pack. I know this for sure because I ate a back charge on it & seen the details.

I thought the Roamio series of Tivo only tuned OTA or cable. They couldn't operate satellite receivers any longer. and Iceberg was switching to DISH because OTA was lacking.

I thought the Roamio series of Tivo only tuned OTA or cable. They couldn't operate satellite receivers any longer. and Iceberg was switching to DISH because OTA was lacking.

Ok, you are correct in that, the BASE model Roamio can do either OTA or Cable (not both at the same time). It can't control a satellite unit. I think he has a new Roamio OTA unit, which is ONLY OTA though (they removed the cable-card slot, and sell these for $50 at BestBuy, with a mandatory monthly subscription fee for guide data, you can't buy a lifetime sub for this unit).

He wouldn't be using the Tivo to control a satellite receiver, he'd have a separate satellite receiver from the Tivo.

Reactions: Mr Tony
Indeed, TIVO does not work with DISH. It can continue to get OTA however. Satellite will give him all the locals some that can not be had OTA, in his case ABC and NBC plus some other locals, and TIVO will give guide data for some (sub) channels DISH does not.

When we make our complete move to Florida that may be something I do, have a TIVO or some other OTA receiver/DVR as the extra tuners because there are so many channels available OTA there, plus I get a couple from Orlando. It would free up more satellite tuner time.

Reactions: osu1991

Bob you are sooooo over analyzing this.
There is nothing on the books that says you can only have one type of receiver. Good lord for most of the last 15 years I have had 2 types of programming in my house
Dish & Bell
DIsh & Shaw
Dish & FTA & Shaw
FTA & Shaw
Directv, FTA & Shaw
Directv, FTA & Tivo
DIrectv, FTA, Dish AND Tivo
Directv & Tivo
Now just Tivo

:)

Indeed, TIVO does not work with DISH. It can continue to get OTA however. Satellite will give him all the locals some that can not be had OTA, in his case ABC and NBC plus some other locals, and TIVO will give guide data for some (sub) channels DISH does not.
exactly
Dish will give me ABC, NBC, CW, ION, INDEPENDENT and 3 PBS stations that I cant get OTA there (well ABC is OTA but analog)
Tivo will give me guide info for Decades, FOX, My and Movies!. Dish does have guide info for the PBS there and its 5 subchannels.

Also the Tivo I have set up in Minneapolis has Lifetime. So I could just move my Roamio there and sell the Series 3 :)

Reactions: Tampa8
Can someone post the list of all the channel numbers that are in the Welcome pack?
Yeah I know Dish has a list posted on their site but sometimes its outdated. I don't need channel names, just numbers (I can look up the names) ;)

Can someone post the list of all the channel numbers that are in the Welcome pack?
Yeah I know Dish has a list posted on their site but sometimes its outdated. I don't need channel names, just numbers (I can look up the names) ;)
Mojo Jojo posted a list in the thread from March about whether we are supposed to be getting HLN in Welcome Pack. He also provided a link to the list on the Dish website.

Mojo Jojo posted a list in the thread from March about whether we are supposed to be getting HLN in Welcome Pack. He also provided a link to the list on the Dish website.
I forgot to mention that there are inaccuracies in both lists, as I pointed out in the thread "HLN (ch. 202), part of the Welcome Pack now?"

QUICK CHANNEL GUIDE
Locals [in HD where available]
102 Blockbuster Studio [HD]
107 Comedy Central
110 Food Network
112 HGTV
117 POP
120 History
127 oxygen
128 We TV
139 TBS
161 MTV 2
166 CMT
175 Boomerang
179 Discovery Family
183 TLC
185 Hallmark
203 Bloomberg
209 msnbc
214 Weather Channel
223 NewsMax
259 insp
260 TBN
261 EWTN
264 KTV
393 Pursuit (Hunting)
9403 BYU TV
9642 FeTV (also on channel 82)
[Note: I may have left out some channels that we do not view as much like some PI channels and some of the shopping channels that can be found here: http://www.mydish.com/upgrades/english-packages/welcome-pack . Also, I did not add HLN since not everyone gets it; we have Welcome Pack and do not receive it.]

In addition, optionally, you may add Blockbuster @ Home and add the following channels to your lineup (for an additional $10/month):
130 HDNet Movies [HD]
187 Hallmark Movie Channel [HD]
247 Universal [HD]
248 MAV TV [HD]
249 Crime & Investigation [HD]
251 Centric [HD]
254 Logo [HD]
344 Encore Suspense
353 Starz Cinema
369 Palladia [HD]
377 MoviePlex
378 IndiePlex [HD]
379 RetroPlex [HD]
380 EPIX [HD]
381 EPIX 2 [HD]
382 EPIX 3 [HD]
384 FXM
385 MGM [HD]
386 Sony Movie Channel [HD]
388 Pixl [HD]
394 World Fishing Network
[Note: It is possible to add some other MiniPacks and a la carte options. I found Blockbuster @ Home to have a nice variety of channels.]

Reactions: fhsucade07
Just wanted to say thanks to Iceberg for bringing up this thread. Was wondering myself about buying DISH gear and just getting the Welcome Pack. Thread answered all my questions so I am prepared to activate with DISH when I buy my 211z and an EA dish.

Ice, your the best!!..

p.s, moving back to the Metro area?.

Simply because I think pay-tv in general costs more than it's worth, I have seriously considered dropping from AT120 to the Welcome Pack. I realize I will lose HD, but HD does remain with locals, correct? Also, will HD remain with "add-on" packs like Heartland and the aforementioned Blockbuster at Home?

BBAH, but I'm not sure Heartland has (m)any HD channels? I'm probably wrong.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts