Retiring Older Receivers

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

evanskl

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 22, 2006
I know this information is out there somewhere, but can any one tell me what receivers are being retired March 13, 2015. The post card I received says I have at least one of these, but they don't say which one.

Thank you in advance.....

I know this information is out there somewhere, but can any one tell me what receivers are being retired March 13, 2015. The post card I received says I have at least one of these, but they don't say which one.

Thank you in advance.....

Our QPSK signal receivers are the ones being retired. The main ones are the 510 series, and a lot of the 311 series receivers. The 522, 512, 322, and some 311 series are 8PSK and don't have to be replaced. As Bobby mentioned, if we can get your receivers we can let you know which ones. If you send me a PM with the account info I can see which ones are to be replaced, or even get that taken care of with you.

Reactions: ChadT41
Our QPSK signal receivers are the ones being retired. The main ones are the 510 series, and a lot of the 311 series receivers. The 522, 512, 322, and some 311 series are 8PSK and don't have to be replaced. As Bobby mentioned, if we can get your receivers we can let you know which ones. If you send me a PM with the account info I can see which ones are to be replaced, or even get that taken care of with you.

Not to disagree with "Dish", but 311s are 8PSK, 301s are QPSK and going away. 501, 508, 510 all QPSK. Any receiver with 4 digit model numbers, aside from Hopper, are QPSK (technically the Hopper is a model "2000"). Model 521 & 721 are also QPSK, but I think they were all replaced long ago. Model 381 (an 811 MPEG 2 HD - converted to just SD) is QPSK. Model 921, not sure if it is QPSK or 8PSK, but I don't think there are any of those around anymore either, all original MPEG2 HD receivers have been replaced with MPEG 4 versions, which also included 942.

Not to disagree with "Dish", but 311s are 8PSK, 301s are QPSK and going away. 501, 508, 510 all QPSK. Any receiver with 4 digit model numbers, aside from Hopper, are QPSK (technically the Hopper is a model "2000"). Model 521 & 721 are also QPSK, but I think they were all replaced long ago. Model 381 (an 811 MPEG 2 HD - converted to just SD) is QPSK. Model 921, not sure if it is QPSK or 8PSK, but I don't think there are any of those around anymore either, all original MPEG2 HD receivers have been replaced with MPEG 4 versions, which also included 942.

I'm sorry for the confusion on my last post. What I was referring to was some receivers in our 311 series family. This includes our older legacy equipment, as well as the 811 and 301 receivers. I wasn't referring to the 311 receiver model directly. If you have any specific questions, just send us a PM.

From the model number for the 811, I would conclude it was also 8PSK. Are we sure about that model? Also, the 111 was an 8PSK receiver (which fact I checked on my own 111), and yet it too was on the list with the 4-digit model numbers as no longer working. :(

From the model number for the 811, I would conclude it was also 8PSK. Are we sure about that model? Also, the 111 was also an 8PSK receiver (that's a fact from a transponder check on my 111), and yet it was on the list with the 4-digit model numbers as no longer working. :(

Based on the list we have, I believe it is referring to the 811's that weren't converted to the 381 receiver line since it is listed under the QPSK. I do show the 111 receiver as on the 8PSK list as well. If it is asking you to upgrade, it may just be to get you a more up to date receiver more than upgrading from QPSK to 8PSK. If you send me a PM I can verify if the 111 would need to be replaced or not.

Reactions: TheKrell
whats interesting is I just called Dish to swap out one for my dad and they told me 2 receivers are being swapped out
He has a 301 and a 311 (along with a 322 & 625) so dont get why they would swap out the 311

what is even lamer (IMO)...they said they HAVE to send out a tech. They cant do EA and everything has worked fine for years. Makes no sense

If he is suppose to be in EA and there is nlos they may not have it marked, so the account is forcing it.

EA would also trigger replacement of 322 & 625 they aren't MPEG4.
The way I read it was they wanted to retire his 301,311, but also change the 322/625 out with a tech, which led me to the idea that they want to migrate him, but Iceberg knows there is nlos on EA

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts