Retiring Older Receivers

If you can live with your locals being in SD and you truly do not have line of sight to the Eastern Arc, you could stay on Western Arc.

I just called them, I still have 5 months left on not getting receiver fees and they are not switching me to eastern arc so it is a plug in. I don't have locals. They are sending me a 512 and I'll think on switching to the phone company for another few months.

I got nothing against dish, I have a feeling that I'll be going over to the phone company eventually based on pricing.

I suggest you carefully look over the phone company box before considering the move.

Hey! I have very fond memories of my 501. That was my very first DVR. We all loved it, especially the part where you skip the {expletive deleted} commercials, or pause it to visit the necessary, or go back to see something you missed. When I first got it, the trick play was silky smooth. I also ripped a lot of SD stuff off it to save for my daughter.

They could come down to the 13th hour and change their mind again. This being a 4 year venture, I'm guessing this one won't get pushed back, but no one will know until 1June. We shall see.

We are just over a month away from June 1st. Just curious if anything has been talked about in terms of what Dish's official plans are. I know there has been a lot of talk here that qpsk is going away and more bandwidth would be available for more HD or 4k channels, but has anything come from Dish specifically? Either from Scott or anyone else who has talked with those at Dish to know that is what is happening?

I don't know about you but I think Claude made a lot of bread before dish screwed him. I have seen the pictures of his house here and it does not look like he is living in poverty. There was good money to be made in the infancy of the satellite business. I am sure you had it good for a while too.?

We did just come out of a terrible recession, a lot of people got screwed, not just dish retailers.

Hey! I have very fond memories of my 501. That was my very first DVR. We all loved it, especially the part where you skip the {expletive deleted} commercials, or pause it to visit the necessary, or go back to see something you missed. When I first got it, the trick play was silky smooth. I also ripped a lot of SD stuff off it to save for my daughter.
The 5xx series of receivers were great at the time, and the "trick play" as you call it worked great, better than my 722k does now.
Plus the "Everything Package" was a "steal" at the time.:eek

My favorite was still the 625. Dual tuners/outputs, 2 hour buffer, smooth and accurate trick play, rock solid.

Not as smooth as the 501 in it's earlier days, and I've had both. You might suppose that we'd see some benefit to the huge settlement Dish paid to Tivo. :(
Yes, but why would Dish bother to upgrade the software in receivers that they are retiring? I have a deactivated 501 that still gets free preview channels. Dish did not even bother to add the Weather Nation app to the 501 in Dish Home. (There is an icon for it, but it does not work.) The 501 also does not have the Explore Premiums app. (It is completely missing. No icon in Dish Home, no channel 298)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)