start receiver swapping ?

Kali05

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
May 27, 2005
Ca
When are they going to start the reciever swap. I have a 508 and 301 on my account ?

They will change it out now if you want to pay for a service call. Or change out if they have to service your equipment. I called a few weeks back and the CSR tried to have a 512 shipped to me but the computer would not let them. Then they rolled a truck out , but did not bother to tell me their was going to be a $95 truck fee. The techs did not say anything when they swapped my 501 owned for a 512. Upon getting my next bill and seeing the $95 fee for something dish is forcing us to swap out , Dish csr's and I had some real intense negotiations and being about 5 secs from leaving dish I no longer owed them $95. So double check everything you do with dish.

They will change it out now if you want to pay for a service call. Or change out if they have to service your equipment. I called a few weeks back and the CSR tried to have a 512 shipped to me but the computer would not let them. Then they rolled a truck out , but did not bother to tell me their was going to be a $95 truck fee. The techs did not say anything when they swapped my 501 owned for a 512. Upon getting my next bill and seeing the $95 fee for something dish is forcing us to swap out , Dish csr's and I had some real intense negotiations and being about 5 secs from leaving dish I no longer owed them $95. So double check everything you do with dish.

The tech would not now if you are being charged or not.. No where in out paper work or laptop does it have prices for us to see..

PLEASE! The rule on this conversions is to WAIT until Dish contacts you, usually by letter first, to notify you of the need to swap equipment FREE of ANY charge. They will get to you, but only so many people on "the list" as time passes. If you call and you are NOT on the list or you account has not been flagged or approved for the swap, YOU WILL BE CHARGED.

Dish can only get to so many people in a given period. NOT all subs who WILL be eligible will be authorized for the swap all at the same time. Just patiently wait your turn when Dish notifies you, then you can call and your account will have the approval and all will go well and at NO COST at all.

Always people on this forum who get ahead of themselves and mess it up for themselves by calling before notification. Good things come to those who wait--for the official approval. And NO, the CSR's can't put you ahead of line or make the system approve if it is NOT YOUR TURN, unless you PAY for it.

PLEASE! The rule on this conversions is to WAIT until Dish contacts you, usually by letter first, to notify you of the need to swap equipment FREE of ANY charge. They will get to you, but only so many people on "the list" as time passes. If you call and you are NOT on the list or you account has not been flagged or approved for the swap, YOU WILL BE CHARGED.

Dish can only get to so many people in a given period. NOT all subs who WILL be eligible will be authorized for the swap all at the same time. Just patiently wait your turn when Dish notifies you, then you can call and your account will have the approval and all will go well and at NO COST at all.

Always people on this forum who get ahead of themselves and mess it up for themselves by calling before notification. Good things come to those who wait--for the official approval. And NO, the CSR's can't put you ahead of line or make the system approve if it is NOT YOUR TURN, unless you PAY for it.

I did receive letter from dish and call to see about swap out . i did not needlessly call them. If the CSR had a problem at the time i called at me jumping the line the could of said i needed to wait , not try to ship me a receiver , and then roll a truck .​

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)