Start TV testing on Dish

mwdxer1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 3, 2015
Seaside Oregon
I read on another site that Start TV is testing on Dish. No info on when or if it will be available as yet. Not a lot on their schedule that really interests me except Cagney & Lacey. Hopefully Dish will add Decades in time. That is one channel I would love to have.

Reactions: Howard Simmons
I read on another site that Start TV is testing on Dish. No info on when or if it will be available as yet. Not a lot on their schedule that really interests me except Cagney & Lacey. Hopefully Dish will add Decades in time. That is one channel I would love to have.
Went to the website which is for women with strong female leads. I wonder if it's going to be broadcast in HD or SD?

I'd rather have Cozi or Comet as StartTV is already one of my subchannels.

The same comet that is already on 289?
Not all of the digi-nets are included in all of the lower packages. For example, with my cheap International Basic package (plus Latino Bonus Pack) I get most of the digi-nets that Dish carries. However, I do not even see channel 289 in my guide, not even on the All Channels list. I am pretty sure that the same thing applies to Flex Pack, which is what dare2be has, if I remember correctly. So, even with digi-nets that are already carried by Dish, it would be nice if they could be moved down to the lowest packages, or at least be made available as an add-on. They are free over-the-air. A small charge for a cheap add-on may be reasonable, but why should we have to upgrade to a much higher basic package just to be able to get them in areas where we do not have an OTA affiliate?

Reactions: dare2be
I would love Decades and Antenna TV

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I still have access to Decades on my big dish, but I would rather have it on Dish, as I could DVR it easier. KOIN 6.3 Portland OTA was Decades, but Nexstar (owner) forced KOIN to switch to Bounce. Not a great channel, and besides Portland has two copies of Bounce on the air. The other being 49.3. I am hoping one of the two will swich in time. What a waste of the air waves to duplicate when Portland is really lacking in diginets. I am especially hoping Dish adds Decades. I would rather have Decades over Start TV, but another diginet is better than none. At least they do carry Cagney & Lacey.

I still have access to Decades on my big dish, but I would rather have it on Dish, as I could DVR it easier. KOIN 6.3 Portland OTA was Decades, but Nexstar (owner) forced KOIN to switch to Bounce. Not a great channel, and besides Portland has two copies of Bounce on the air. The other being 49.3. I am hoping one of the two will swich in time. What a waste of the air waves to duplicate when Portland is really lacking in diginets. I am especially hoping Dish adds Decades. I would rather have Decades over Start TV, but another diginet is better than none. At least they do carry Cagney & Lacey.

Yes I am happy they are adding more diginet channels because I live to far in the country in Michigan to get and good reception.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

You can please some of the people, some of the time and all of the people, some of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time. Different strokes for different folks.

Reactions: Howard Simmons

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts