This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Starting a Cable Station... Some FTA Questions.

Status
Please reply by conversation.
@oschaper: What about DELUXE MUSIC on hotwire's cable? And with EuroNews with all of its audio-channels there could be another channel with german language on that cable.
Three german FTA-channels and two german paytv-programs (GermanTV and ProSiebenSat1-Welt) ... maybe it will be my new home
hey hotwire ... where are you living?

There are only two major German Channels in the US because dw-TV is not really a program you like to see. EuroNews is a PayTV on IA5 and I don't know if they have a free feed in the US at all. What other FTA Channels from Germany do you refer to?

Oliver

oschaper said:
DWTV is only C-Band if I am not mistaken.

EuroNews is a PayTV as well and Deluxe is not really a German-Only Channel

Euronews is actually in France but broadcasts in multiple languages including German and English. I remember it from its inception in the early 90s when I lived in Europe. It was available FTA on T5 (IA5) and on Nimiq for a few years. If it were available on Dish Network, I would immediately subscribe to it. Unfortunately it is only available legally in the US via Globecast. Both DWTV and Euronews can be received via a gray market subscription to Bell Express in Canada.

oschaper said:
DWTV is only C-Band if I am not mistaken.

EuroNews is a PayTV as well
but in the USA only. Here in Europe it is always FTA. Also DWTV is FTA.
GermanTV and ProSiebenSat1-Welt we can't receive here in Europe 'cos it's for the US only. But we have the channels of both providers FTA:
ARD, ZDF, 3sat, DWTV (Sources of GermanTV)
Sat.1, Pro 7, N24, Kabel 1 (Sources of ProSiebenSat1-Welt)

I had a quick question regarding syndicated programs if anyone might know anything about them. I know someone gave the link for the Syndicated Network Television Association but I was wondering if anyone knew of other places that distributed syndicated programming, especially older sitcoms and game shows, etc. I've been hitting google up with no luck. Thanks

Status
Please reply by conversation.