Starting a Cable Station... Some FTA Questions.

Status
Please reply by conversation.
@oschaper: What about DELUXE MUSIC on hotwire's cable? ;) And with EuroNews with all of its audio-channels there could be another channel with german language on that cable.
Three german FTA-channels and two german paytv-programs (GermanTV and ProSiebenSat1-Welt) ... maybe it will be my new home ;)
hey hotwire ... where are you living? :D

There are only two major German Channels in the US because dw-TV is not really a program you like to see. EuroNews is a PayTV on IA5 and I don't know if they have a free feed in the US at all. What other FTA Channels from Germany do you refer to?

Oliver

oschaper said:
DWTV is only C-Band if I am not mistaken.

EuroNews is a PayTV as well and Deluxe is not really a German-Only Channel :)

Euronews is actually in France but broadcasts in multiple languages including German and English. I remember it from its inception in the early 90s when I lived in Europe. It was available FTA on T5 (IA5) and on Nimiq for a few years. If it were available on Dish Network, I would immediately subscribe to it. Unfortunately it is only available legally in the US via Globecast. Both DWTV and Euronews can be received via a gray market subscription to Bell Express in Canada.

oschaper said:
DWTV is only C-Band if I am not mistaken.

EuroNews is a PayTV as well
but in the USA only. Here in Europe it is always FTA. Also DWTV is FTA.
GermanTV and ProSiebenSat1-Welt we can't receive here in Europe 'cos it's for the US only. But we have the channels of both providers FTA:
ARD, ZDF, 3sat, DWTV (Sources of GermanTV)
Sat.1, Pro 7, N24, Kabel 1 (Sources of ProSiebenSat1-Welt)

I had a quick question regarding syndicated programs if anyone might know anything about them. I know someone gave the link for the Syndicated Network Television Association but I was wondering if anyone knew of other places that distributed syndicated programming, especially older sitcoms and game shows, etc. I've been hitting google up with no luck. Thanks :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)