Starting from scratch...equipment problems

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ocelot_ark

Original poster
Oct 13, 2004
Okay guys, if you frequent a number of DSS/FTA sites you'll probably stumble across this exact message, as I'm hoping the wider my search, the more likely I'll find a good answer.

Here's the situation. I purchased a Twinhan 1020A the other day on ebay and got it Friday. By Friday night, I was fairly certain that I was a few tweaks away from having the whole thing up and running. You see, every since then I've made no progress despite hours upon hours of reading among dozens of sites. My problem/solution is, I suppose, unique.

When I follow common instructions to get myTheater up and running, everything seems to work great. EXCEPT - when I scan for transponders in the setup. So far, no matter what configuration I use, I get the same results. Only 3 transponders are ever found on 119 or 110...14 channels on transponder one, 15 on transponder two, 15 on transponder 3, "NO SIGNAL" on the rest.

It's my understanding that I'm using a Superdish system, therefore I need dishpro ini's. However, just in case that isn't the case I took some pictures of my switch and my dish. Take a peak and someone verify what setup I have, and if POSSIBLE...the best course of action for getting this DVB-S setup running. When I run a check switch on my dish 508 it says it is a superdish, dp34, 119/110/105.

44 channels is okay...but I'd love 500.

IMG00018.jpg

IMG00019.jpg

No Hack Talk!

At least its in the right area (PC DVB) :yes

It would have been nice if the pictures were thumbnails also, then our members with dial up can choose to down load them or not :smug

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Help! I'm lost

C-Band with Primestar

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)