Starting to get frustrated with 622. Wasn't as nice as it used to be...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ChetK

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 14, 2004
Round Rock, TX
:confused: :what :river !protest :no

I've had the ViP622 for over a month now (I bought mine) and it's starting to frustrate me.

I never had the video choppiness until the 356 software. That really sucks! It plagues me every time I sit down to watch something. Everytime I use the 30 sec. skip button, I'm worried about whether or not the video will be choppy when I get back to the show. I'm more worried about the video being choppy than I am enjoying the show. I can't believe they haven't released a new software upgrade to fix that alone. :(

I figured I could deal with the choppiness since there is a work around, but I've just experienced something yesterday that is unforgivable. I know others have been reporting it, but I didn't experience and I was happy about that. BUT, now I have and I hope it doesn't continue: I am missing some recordings. :mad: They show up in my History as recorded, but they are no where to be found in My Recordings. :mad: One of them was American Choppers and since the History doesn't show a description of the program, I have no idea which episode I've missed. I know the show gets re-ran and I'd like to find it, but there aren't very many programming guides that show the past. So, now I have no way of knowing which episode I missed to search for it and try to re-record it.

Plus, I know the DVR won't try to re-record it, because the program is listed in the History and it would be a "duplicate" episode. I'm afraid to clear my history because it may try to re-record double episodes of all the other shows listed under the History. I'm glad there's a Clear button there, but I wish it was available per item in the list instead of clearing everything at once.

Showing that something was recorded and no having it in the My Recordings list is beyond wrong! That's the entire point of having a DVR. And if it's unreliable, it renders itself useless.

I don't know why I'm starting to get these errors. I never had a problem with this before. The only thing I can think of is that I hooked up my new pocketdish to it just before it started occuring. This is the first time I've ever hooked up a USB device to the 622. Could that have changed something wierd in the software? :eek:

That is strange about Dis channel recordings.My Chopper and Hot rod shows disappear and they are on a weekly timer.I thought I was doing something wrong.

I constantly get these phantom recordings. Last night got it again, the red dot in the schedule and guide looks like it is being recorded - but they don't show up in the recorded show list. Over the last 3 weeks, I have probably had 10 of these. The wife is not pleased when it is one of her shows...

These are my issues:

*Phantom recordings
*video jerkiness
*audio sync issues
*random rebooting
*recordings that have green pixelations and that corrupt the recording, so you cannot skip past, it just goes back to the beginning
*sometimes cannot fast forward without it going back 3 minutes after you stop

While I want the next firmware to be released to fix these, I am nervous that it will add some other issue. But on the other they should take their time with this release and QC more than probably the last one.

It has got nothing to do with using the USB, I haven't touched it and I am getting the same issue.

Last edited:
Missing Recordings

I am also missing some recordings. They show up in my History as recorded, but they are nowhere to be found in My Recordings.

Is there a solution to this problem? I tried searching but didn't see any solutions or ideas to solve the problem.

The old saying, " the more things change, the more they stay the same." I had two of the original Dihsplayers and every single software download will create more problems than they fixed. I would cringe every time I turned on the DP, afraid of what they Dish guru's had done to my DVR overnight.

To my knowledge, this has only happened to me once since i got my 622 on Jan 5th. Boston Legal was in the history, but was not in the recorded list.

The only thing I can think of is that I hooked up my new pocketdish to it just before it started occuring. This is the first time I've ever hooked up a USB device to the 622. Could that have changed something wierd in the software? :eek:
Did you check to see if the show was recorded to the PocketDish instead of the DVR?

I don't have a PD, but do remember in the 622 software that there is a selection on where do you want your recordings to go.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)