Starz and HD Plat trial is over and then all HD disappeared

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

kikenovic

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 9, 2009
Somewhere in time
After my Starz and HD Platinum (or whatever is called now) expired yesterday, all my HD channels disappeared as well (including my locals).

I surrently susbscribe to Latino dos, so maybe this only affects Latino customers.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Anyways, I just used the automated phone system to send a re-hit and the channels came back.

There's a known issue with the promotion in our system where when the HD platinum is removed after the 3 months, its also dropping the other HD channels you may subscribe to. A hit does fix it however.

This happened to me as well. I called in and spoke to support who sent a rehit after about 5-10 mins of troubleshooting (forgot about the automated rehit option).

One annoying thing that hit one of my 722ks after this was all of my dishpass timers had zero matches after all of this and I had to open 26 timers and refresh them to get the timers to see the matches. Missed 5 recordings monday night because of that :mad:

Happened to me too...and the Dish Tech Support had no idea as to why all my HD, including all my locals, disappeared or how to fix it. I finally figured out myself to unplug the DVR. The only way I figured out it had anything to do with the Platinum expiring was from your post. Would be nice if the Tech Support would get a clue.

Yeah it happened to me also-did the Dish chat thing and they got me going again but I had to reset all my HD Timers.

That's exactly what happened to me a few weeks back. Once my HD Platinum 3 months expired it removed all HD except a few. I got it back through the online chat. Hope it doesn't happen again when my HD Platinum 3 months expires again :eek: .

Yep, online rep had no clue, though this was weeks ago, not days ago.

I had the same issue earlier today. I just reset my receiver and everything is back.. called Dish.. added HD platinum back and got one month of
Cinemax and will call back on 02/01/2011 to get one year of STARZ for free...

This happened to me yesterday. One CSR seemed clueless, but said he sent a hit and I should get everything back. He also had me do a reset. He closed the chat before it was fixed. 20 minutes later, I still had no HD, so I started another chat. This CSR was better and worked with me to actually fix the problem. In the end, everything was back to normal after ~45 minutes. They gave me 4 PPV coupons, but I don't think the time was worth the free preview.

Joy. What a pain in the butt. I was glad to accept the free preview when they said it would automatically drop off. But this bug is a big deal if it causes me to have to re-create all of my HD timers. I've got *TONS* of timers on 3 different DVRs. Grrrrrrrrrrr. I'm not sure when my free preview is over. I'm guessing I have a few more weeks. I'm thinking I may subscribe to Platinum (but not Starz) once the trial is over. I wonder if doing that will avoid this problem or if it will still hose things up when Starz drops off. Anyone know?

Also, isn't there supposed to be some sort of free premium channels after the price hike goes into affect? I already have HBO and Showtime. What premium package are they going to give out for free for 12 months?

Joy. What a pain in the butt. I was glad to accept the free preview when they said it would automatically drop off. But this bug is a big deal if it causes me to have to re-create all of my HD timers. I've got *TONS* of timers on 3 different DVRs. Grrrrrrrrrrr. I'm not sure when my free preview is over. I'm guessing I have a few more weeks. I'm thinking I may subscribe to Platinum (but not Starz) once the trial is over. I wonder if doing that will avoid this problem or if it will still hose things up when Starz drops off. Anyone know?

Also, isn't there supposed to be some sort of free premium channels after the price hike goes into affect? I already have HBO and Showtime. What premium package are they going to give out for free for 12 months?

I did not lose my timers. The schedule lost all scheduled recordings, but the timers were all still intact. I was going to try to rush it by recreating the timers, but I had nothing recording that day, so just waited an hour and looked again. The timers automatically refreshed and populated the schedule with all of the appropriate recordings. I am not sure if there is an easy way to force this (maybe a reset).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts