Starz - Camelot...this could be a good one

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Paradox-SJ

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 20, 2003
San Jose, California
Last edited:
Now that I've got free Starz (thank you DN) I've thought about checking it out. Hopefully it's better than Camelot 90210 (aka Merlin)

Uh, what? If you thought Merlin was 90210, you're not gonna like this one. Unless I misunderstand your use of the term.

Can anyone tell me what's going on with the episodes? My guide said yesterday's Camelot was episode 5, but it was episode 3...next week the guide is showing episode 6, yet that will be episode 5. These episodes can be verified by going to the Camelot/Starz web page:Camelot - An Original Series by STARZ
This gets really frustrating...is it the guide that Dish uses that messes up, or what? I have a hard time understanding how a new program that has only had 5 episodes could be so screw up in the guide's listing.

I like this program. It's pretty good.
Ghpr13:)

Can anyone tell me what's going on with the episodes? My guide said yesterday's Camelot was episode 5, but it was episode 3...next week the guide is showing episode 6, yet that will be episode 5. These episodes can be verified by going to the Camelot/Starz web page:Camelot - An Original Series by STARZ
This gets really frustrating...is it the guide that Dish uses that messes up, or what? I have a hard time understanding how a new program that has only had 5 episodes could be so screw up in the guide's listing.

I like this program. It's pretty good.

There was no NEW episode aired this week. New episodes return starting next week.

They did however replay episodes 1&2.

QUOTE]

Production Order as opposes to Airing Order. Sometimes they get labled by Production order, which can get confusing.

QUOTE]

Production Order as opposes to Airing Order. Sometimes they get labled by Production order, which can get confusing.

Originaly episodes 1 & 2 were aired together as 1 episode.

With that info from the both of you it's starts to make a little more sense...still frustrating...

Im getting Bored - Too slow last nights episode for example what really happened in terms of major story development !?? nothing much we spend too much time on Morgana and not enough on Arthur and Camelot - I'm now finding myself fast forwarding through it

Im getting Bored - Too slow last nights episode for example what really happened in terms of major story development !?? nothing much we spend too much time on Morgana and not enough on Arthur and Camelot - I'm now finding myself fast forwarding through it

I still find it very intriguing...I agree that this last episode could have had a little faster pace, but I think the pace is slow as a set up for a big "confrontation" of Arthur & Morgana. I would like to know how the ratings are doing for Camelot.

The problem they have is that they are trying to tell essentially a one book story's worth of material over several seasons worth of TV. They have to come up with more interesting side plots.

The problem they have is that they are trying to tell essentially a one book story's worth of material over several seasons worth of TV. They have to come up with more interesting side plots.

I see your point. The potential for Camelot to become long and boring is there if they don't handle it right...That's one thing I use to like about Star Trek: The Next Generation. They always had one main story line going, but each episode had many subplots that most of the time were very interesting and entertaining.

What's the language content like? Does it use modern English with all of the swear words? How about nudity? Thanks ...

What's the language content like? Does it use modern English with all of the swear words? How about nudity? Thanks ...

Modern English, mostly, with a smattering of harsh language here and there (not bad, compared to most shows rated TV14 or R-rated movies). Nudity tends to be pretty explicit however, when it's in an episode. I've been tempted (on occasion) to rename the series "Cumalot", but surprisingly, nudity hasn't been as extreme as say, compared to the Spartacus series, which I felt should've been titled "Sex and Sand" rather than "Blood and Sand". :D

Overall, it's a character-driven drama, with good acting and not much language. Still haven't figured out why the Morgana character is named Morgan in this retelling however...that's a bit weird, as is the Lancelot vs Leontes names. Essentially, the character roles are the same, just a few name changes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts