Starz/Encore audio sync issues

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Cobra611

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 18, 2007
Beacon, NY
My apologies if this has been covered or should be in another thread area. But, just wanted to see if anyone is experiencing similar issues. I recorded "Step Brothers" off of EncoreHD last night and while watching it earlier today, I noticed the audio was off by a bit. It was also happening while watching "Paul Blart- Mall Cop", (don't you judge me!) on one of the StarzHD channels about an hour ago. Has anyone else seen this? I'm running HDMI straight to my tv. I normally see this when running first through my stereo, as my receiver is nearly 10 years old and doesn't have HDMI inputs.

Thanks!

What model DirecTV unit(s)?

What firmware version is on the DirecTV unit(s)?

What make & model TV?

What HDMI version?

Since you are going directly from the SAT to TV is the Dolby Digital turned OFF in the DirecTV menu?

I have not heard sync issues in a very long time..so my theory is this is going to be something very simple.

I am seeing it as well -- just saw it last night on something that I DVR'ed off of Starz. In fact, every movie that I have DVR'ed so far on Starz has shown this issue. I have not watched any of them live, so I can't be sure if it show up then or not. Shows I have DVR'ed off of other channels did not seem to show this, though.

It's one of those things where sometimes you think you see it and sometimes you can't be 100 sure. We are talking milliseconds of delay.

I am outputting video directly to my TV with HDMI and the audio to my receiver with some L/R RCA analog connections. There is some inherent delay, though. If I turn the sound up on the TV and the sound up on the receiver. You can tell that the audio is not perfectly in phase. The audio coming from the TV via the HDMI is a bit ahead of the audio coming from the receiver via analog.

I see the same phenomenon with my Blue Ray player which is hooked up in a similar fashion as well.

I've got the HR 24 -- I have had that (and Direct TV) for about 2 weeks now.

I also noticed this at one of my family member's house one evening. I think it was on Encore Mystery.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts