Starz/Encore

Tvfan24/7

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Anybody else hate what STARZ has done with there STARZ and ENCORE channels? The little bugs on the bottom of the screen are annoying and take away from the experience of watching a movie on a premium channel. At first it seemed like they were temporary to get people acquainted with the new channel names but they do not seem like they will be going away anytime soon :mad: Anybody thinking of getting rid of STARZ because of this or complaining to them? During the free preview on cable it was annoying because they would shrink down the credits and would promote the heck out of the starz channels and also during a movie would promote STARZ ondemand etc. Hopefully it will not last permanently.

Not really much to it, these media companies think that bugs in the picture reduce recording and illegal distribution. They could be a bit smaller IMHO.

TNGTony said:
I cancelled my subscription to Starz and let them know why. This is the only way they will listen. If enough people do the same, they may get the hint.

See ya
Tony

I hope not too many people signed up for the Starz SuperPak during the free preview that I had on cable this weekend, it was just awful with too much overpromoting on their part. I used to consider or think of STARZ as the #1 premium channel but now after all the new changes they are at the bottom of the list after HBO, SHOWTIME and CINEMAX. I plan on giving no money to their STARZ and STARZ theme channels, since I already get the 7 Encore channels with my cable package, it just does not seem worth it, I could just get NETFLIX or rent the movies that they show. The pathetic thing is that Comcast here is promoting in the papers every Sunday a deal where you can get STARZ for $29.99 a month for six months, I hope not too many took advantage of the deal because boy would they be in for a surprise.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts