Starz HD HGTV HD NATGEO HD Uplinked!!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Hey walt i have a question, what does SS + SD DNS. mean in your signature? Thanks Trev.

Answering for him -

SuperStations + Standard Definition Distant Network Service

scooby2 said:
Who promised them? I never saw a promise. Dish is saying tomorrow.
Scott G said TOMORROW, YESTERDAY thus it is TODAY!!!!
They are supposed to be introduced tonight at Summit dinner. Thus, look for them after 6pm MST. (??):hungry:

Tahoerob said:
Scott G said TOMORROW, YESTERDAY thus it is TODAY!!!!
They are supposed to be introduced tonight at Summit dinner. Thus, look for them after 6pm MST. (??):hungry:

tommorow 1 pm eastern time, enjoy!

Tomorrow 1 PM like Stuart said. Scott has been receiving false information from the Dish Network folks. I think it's a conspiracy against Satelliteguys.us. :)

You pay your bill for an HD package and then you may need to reboot after they come up. You will need to be a Starz subscriber to get Starz HD.

Me, I'm not excited at all because I won't be getting any of them on my 942.

RandallA said:
Tomorrow 1 PM like Stuart said. Scott has been receiving false information from the Dish Network folks. I think it's a conspiracy against Satelliteguys.us. :)

You laugh but I really think it is a minor effort to undermine Scott's credability a bit. Dish was really upset over that "sensitive document" leak a couple months ago and made a point of scolding Scott about it. Scott in turn made a BIG point about how he wasn't going to be manipulated by Dish.

We'll see if Scott gets the same "arm-around-the-sholder" walk with Chuck this time.:D

Well any of the new HD that comes out I remeber them saying that you half to be on one of the new MPEG4 Receivers to get them..

Well, it looks like my prediction about National Geographic HD requiring MPEG4 and HD & AT180 (HD Gold or above) subscriptions was correct.

Too bad, I was hoping I would be wrong.

Dish has now established their policy, we have two examples of where channels that require AT180 to be seen in SD, also have the same requirement for their HD channels.

Obviously this devalues the HD Standalone pack, which apparently must now be defined as having a few HD Pack channel exclusives, VOOM, and the AT60 HD channels (although even that is not a guarantee long term).

Tom, you're not missing anything with NGHD so far...4:3, fuzzy 16x9 zoom/crop, and stretch-o-vision. However, it does give EquatorHD-Lite that WOW factor...as in, "Hey, this doesn't look as crappy as it did prior to checking out NGHD."

Since the new channels are now live, we can close this "Uplink" thread in order to reduce confusion.
Please use the following thread for discussion of the new channels:

NEW HD Channels are LIVE

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)