Starz HD HGTV HD NATGEO HD Uplinked!!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
psumattDE said:
Even from the high seas he's a beacon of light for us all.... :D

Ain't technology amazing. When I cruised last December I couldn't resist the in-room internet (cost around $100 for the week). I could E-Mail people pictures from my balcony. Speeds were ok (in the 100k range).

There was an internet cafe too, but they were charging by the minute (just a swipe of the magic room key.... that's not REAL money is it?)

Scott Greczkowski said:
A birdie says they will be up on Wednesday. :)

Does that mean it's "fowl" information:D

On a more humorous note, can you remind Charles when you see him that it's now June - the month he mentioned as being when Dish would possibly launch HD DNS.:eek:

David- That must have been RCCL. I get the $100 a week deal when I cruise with them. They call it Cybercabin. On Princess CL it cost quite a bit more and uses wifi in certain locations in the ship. Unfortunately it is so slow that you'll end up paying about $7 a minute for average connect time. I will be cruising with RCCL again in November. I must have Internet access to do my online business when I'm away. If not I have to hire someone to do it and then they'll just screw things up anyway. Much cheaper to have that $100 per week deal.

Right now I have COx Cable and Dish HD

I hope Dishes Low Bit rate thing is just a Temp thing as they move channels around for this Mpeg4 conversion thing.

Cables HBO-HD, SHOW-HD, and TNT sure do have that Eye poping WOW factor on Cable.

ESPN, UNviseral HD, and Discv-HD seem about the same, maybe cable is a little better>?

Comparing HDNET vrs INHD is not fair as t hey show different things, All have the WOW factor though.

My cable does full bit rate native from there Sat feed (like DIsh used do it long ago).

I had dish HD for so long that I did not notice the lower quality, that is until the Free Cable trial for a Month came along. There try it you will like it and $30 a month for year for the 180, HD Pack and free HBO, is going to be hard to resist for some customer.

Im still in the trial comparision period. Hope dish gets better with HD soon, I will miss the SAT forums and most importantly you guys. . .

Last edited:
BobMurdoch said:
Hey Kirby, HOW have you managed not to pick up any more gamerpoints since March. You playing THAT much Halo 2? Call of Duty 2 is a great game and worth playing to the end.....

Honestly, I have been so swamped with testing various Sage+R5000 things, and other work stuff that I just havent had time to even turn on the 360! :eek:

Thanks Bfg, didnt mean to be crude or anything. Its very helpful information. :)

waltinvt said:
On a more humorous note, can you remind Charles when you see him that it's now June - the month he mentioned as being when Dish would possibly launch HD DNS.:eek:
I should be seeing Charley tommorow or Friday, however with the recent court rulings I would not expect to see HD DNS soon if ever at all. :(

I leave for Denver tommorow at 4:30am and I arrive in Denver at 9:30am. Once I arrive sometimes around noon Denver time I will be headed to Dish Networks uplink center in Chyanne, Wy. I am looking forward to that. As a geek I guess you could say that the uplink is sort of my Mecca. :D :D :D

Scott, also ask about when "signficantly viewed" are going to be added, please! Charlie has twice mentioned them for folks between Denver and Colorado Springs, but to date no joy.

These are my main questions:

When and how will those of us with HD locals on 118k receive them?

When will Voom channels be returned to full resolution?

When will bitrates be increased?

Scott Greczkowski said:
I should be seeing Charley tommorow or Friday, however with the recent court rulings I would not expect to see HD DNS soon if ever at all. :(

Actually all the more reason. If Charles ever wanted to quickly boost grassroots support for his side, what better way than to turn on HD DNS for ALL legitimetly qualified subs and then say to congress:

"You want to speed up the digital transition? Here it is. I'm offering every viewer who's home town affiliate is dragging their feet going digital with the national digital feed NOW. As soon as their affiliate gets their butt in gear, I'll replace the national with the local digital feed". With the right moves, he could get national attention on this and in an election year, who knows, he just might save his butt and come out ahead.

Scott Greczkowshi said:
I leave for Denver tommorow at 4:30am and I arrive in Denver at 9:30am. Once I arrive sometimes around noon Denver time I will be headed to Dish Networks uplink center in Chyanne, Wy. I am looking forward to that. As a geek I guess you could say that the uplink is sort of my Mecca. :D :D :D
Don't get rug burns:p

Status
Please reply by conversation.