Starz on Demand available (is this new?)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

TNGTony

Unashamed Bengal Fan
Original poster
Sep 7, 2003
Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
This could be old news, but while searching for info on 5960 (a test channel that became available to some), I stumbled across a new channel/service (to me). "STVOD" on channel 5747 is AVAILABLE on my guide. I hadn't noticed this before. This is Starz on demand. It is an SD service which allows you to play movies when you want. My menu right now has 3 Disney titles: Meet the Robinsons, Head Case, and The Santa Clause 3. HOWEVER... those of you with HD receivers will be thrilled to know that the MORONS who programmed this service seemed to have disabled the aspect button on the remote...therefore
S T R E T C H - O - V I S I O N for everyone! YUCK!

I will state again for everyone to know...if it is in stretchovision, it could be the best program ever made, I will not watch, EVER.

See ya
Tony

Yeah I noticed it today too when looking for that new HD channel. They finally seemed to have gotten it working. I had 4 movies to choose. Mine were 4:3 unstretched.

Did you search? A simple search of "starz demand" led me to the several threads on this issue. This one has the most replies:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-network-forum/128820-starz-video-demand.html

My opinion is that dish's version of this service sucks because it's heavily limited. They really need to do ethernet based on-demand like D*.

Nobody searches anymore. That is why there is always 3-4 different threads on the same subject. Hopefully a moderator will hook them all together.

Well I didn't know there was movies on it, and yes, I refuse to do searches for something I was unware of. So thanks to original poster and a buzz off to the whiners.

Well if it is not in HD it is not worth the bandwidth HD only please

Are we sure these aren't DVR'd automatically to the hard drive from Starz channel? If they were on the net I would figure we would have all the choices that normal "Starz on Demand" customers have (cable) not just 3 movies.

Are we sure these aren't DVR'd automatically to the hard drive from Starz channel? If they were on the net I would figure we would have all the choices that normal "Starz on Demand" customers have (cable) not just 3 movies.

That is exactly what they are. There is no streaming or buffer time so they have to be coming straight from the hard drive. I'd much rather see stuff like this than the stupid "on demand" stuff that you have to pay out the butt for. Only wish it was in HD.

It would be nice if it was a combination of auto download via satellite and internet on demand. I show 4 movies on the hard drive, it would be nice if I could download any of the others. Keeping the most popular on the hard drive is good for those with slow/no internet.

Of course HD versions, or at least OAR SD would be nice options. If the 722 with more disk space could do this, I would probably upgrade to a 722, I have been thinking of doing it anywas, just put it off to see what happened with TiVo.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)