StarzHD---Return Of The King, 11/27 at 9pm ET

vinnyv07

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 14, 2004
Hello everyone. I was just looking ahead to this Sat night. Starz is showing Return of The King right after LOTR II. Is this the first time Return of The King is being shown on Starz? Im thinking of adding the Starz pack to my basic Voom pack. I would really like to watch it. 17 bucks a mth is alot but hey what is my HDTV for?

I know that Starz-HD showed the extended version of the first movie OAR,but what about the Regular Versions,like when the Two Towers(not the extended) was on,was it zoomed to 16x9?

They have shown the EE a few times of both in OAR and cropped, I hear the EE for ROTK will hit Starz in HD in the summer of 2005.

I watched LOTR TT this afternoon and its on again now. It looked great...and sound was excellent also. 7 mins until RTK starts...but again without a DVR Im lost. I have to go to work tonight at 10pm. I'll catch 1/2 hr before i go.

If StarzHD follows the same pattern there will probably be a OAR version of ROTK in January that will air all of 3-4 times, then it's back to HD crop, then in the summer if I am not mistaken the EE will be OAR and will also air about 3-4 times.

I enjoyed the movie and I think I only noticed ONE scene with a LITTLE pixelation, since it was cropped you were a little more zoomed into some of the faces for a more personal touch, I still enjoyed it. Sunday I had 9 people sitting in my house watching it and drinking Cuban coffee.

My brother in law asked me Friday, "Hey is the last Lord of the Rings in High Def out yet?" and I said "yeah they are playing it starting Saturday at 10pm", he then asked if he could bring peoples heh...he also brought over Lord of the Rings Monopoly to make the night a complete nerdfest.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)