King Charles coronation

• Haha
Reactions: Howard Simmons
I am far from a Royal Family fan. I did watch some of it and find the ceremony very interesting, strange, disturbing and more. I never liked Charles because of his affair and treatment of Diana. He is not liked by so many and William is liked plus his age I felt he should have stepped aside and let William take over.

Reactions: TheKrell and TRG
My wife and I watched the coronation (Brit Box had a live feed). Wasn't too bad and enjoyed some of the music.

Charles looked like he was about to fall asleep around the middle of it when he was seated and they were handing him things.

Afterwards, I pulled up Elizabeth's coronation in order to compare the too. Lot's more robes and wigs, but god the production quality sucked. You can tell the BBC was new at setting up camera angles and mics.

Reactions: Josephinelcajon
I never liked Charles because of his affair and treatment of Diana.
meh... she wasn't exactly faithful in that marriage. I blame his parents for forcing them into the marriage in the first place.
He is not liked by so many and William is liked plus his age I felt he should have stepped aside and let William take over.
Not sure William is that much more liked that Charles, neither is anywhere near as popular as Elizabeth. I'm not certain there will even be a coronation for William (and definitely not for George), Brits might dump the monarchy by then.

Last edited:
  • Love
My wife recorded it and when we got up we fast forwarded through like 4 hours, till they finally put the crown on his head. Then Camilla got hers and I fast forwarded again till they came out on the balcony and we were done. So maybe 15 minutes we actually watched. I don't think he will be the king for very long because of his advanced age of 74 years old and Nostradamus also predicted as much and some psychics have said the same, because Mercury is in retrograde and that's not a good time to start new things. :biggrin

They also treated Prince Harry pretty wrong. He had to sit with disgraced Prince Andrew and his children on third row. I also think he should of let William be the King and just retire from public life . It would be nice to have some younger blood on the throne for a change. But I really don't care if they keep the monarchy or not. ;)

I don't think he will be the king for very long because of his advanced age of 74 years old
I'm not so sure, both his parents lived a long time, father was 99 and mother was 96 when they died, so he could easily be around for another 20 years.

Though I could see Charles abdicating when his health deteriates unlike his mother who stayed after her's went downhill.

I'm not so sure, both his parents lived a long time, father was 99 and mother was 96 when they died, so he could easily be around for another 20 years.

Though I could see Charles abdicating when his health deteriates unlike his mother who stayed after her's went downhill.
I guess time will tell, but most men don't live as long as their wives in America. Maybe different for pampered British Princes who become King. :smug

• Haha
Reactions: Derwin0