Starzhd

richiephx

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 1, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
Over the past week, I noticed that STARZHD is showing more and more movies in 4:3 instead of the 16:9 format. The movies (like Blade, Blade Trinity, Batman & Robin etc) were previously aired in HD 16:9 and now appear in 4:30 SD on channel 9435. Does anyone know what's going on...is it a STARZ issue or an E* issue? I called E* tech support and informed them of my observations.

Haven't seen those shows, but any chance you inadvertently hit the screen resize button (the * on the bottom of the remote). I only say that because it remembers the last setting you had for a channel? Its a long-shot, but you might check...

Somebody is messing up. "Find Me Guilty" was 4:3 the otherday and last night 16:9.

It's one thing if the movie is upconverted and in 4:3 format; it's another thing when STARZHD airs it in HD 16:9 then reairs it in 4:3. I guess my point is, we are paying for HD, their channel says HD they should air it in HD. They shouldn't be screwing around with the program. Once again, we pay for HD and we have no control over what they deliver.