Statement from Dish Network on Young Broadcasting Removal

This question may have already been asked/answered. But I haven't seen it...so, is D* carrying any of Young's stations? And are they having trouble with this company as well, or is it just Dish?

Yes, they do, but DirecTV's contract is not expiring, hence they have no problems at this time.

Yes, they do, but DirecTV's contract is not expiring, hence they have no problems at this time.

So they basically already have a "fair priced" agreement, but once their contract is up, they'll possibly be facing the same issue? The only reason I ask is that D* doesn't seem to have near the amount of negotiation issues that E* does. I may just be ignorant of issues regarding D*, but that's just an observation of mine.

I think it's more a question of, will Young still be in business when the D* contract comes up.

how about these locals realize that by more companies carrying their network that they reach more households, which then leads to more advertising dollars.

I don't get it, why not get your money this way???

pfan

Why don't people ask why the price doesn't go up when they add additional channels? :p

mike123abc said:
Dish started most markets before DIRECTV. Dish will have more contracts coming up first.
Not necessarily. Since Young Broadcasting has a station in Nashville, Nashville was one of the first markets DirecTV had up. They must have had a group station retransmission agreement early.

In most cases, the retrans agreements end at the same time.

Chan 10 Albany,ny Dropped

Bottom line is that I have a contract with Dish to provide me with ABC NBC CBS & FOX thru local network affiliates. These are the major stations that comprise the majority of my TV viewing. Now ABC is gone. What's next NBC or CBS or FOX?

I do not pay $5/mo to tune into Chan 10 (ABC)and watch McKenna speech about how it is Young Broadcasting's fault that I no longer get ABC from Dish.

Was it Young Broadcastings fault that it took Dish 9 months to refund me a $100 rebate for Dishin it up promotion. Oh yeah, and they coughed up the money only after I contacted my Attorney Generals office and they pressured Dish into paying me.

Is it Young Broadcastings fault that Dish treats me like a captive customer instead of a valued customer? I don't think so .

Enough BS is enough. If Dish can't resolve this issue in a timely manner and return ABC to me then goodbye Dish. I don't pay $5 for locals to listen to McKenna spin BS and tell me how Dish cares about it's customers.

If by some twist of events NO provider (satellite or cable) were to carry local stations I wonder how long they would survive? Local stations would be BEGGING to be picked up again.

This question may have already been asked/answered. But I haven't seen it...so, is D* carrying any of Young's stations? And are they having trouble with this company as well, or is it just Dish?

They are not, but we will see when the present contract is up. Time Warner hass had several of these with non-Young stations.

And you honestly think you would be getting your locals for free on Direct, Comcast, Time Warner???

No I don't expect something for nothing. I would be paying and seeing ABC not McKenna spinning BS 24/7 on Chan 10.

Essentially Dish just took away at least 20% of my TV viewing. For me this is not an acceptable situation .

If my information is correct, they are asking for $.01 per day per subscriber. This doesn't seem excessive to me. Lets get this settled. WBAY (channel 2) is our favorite station and if it doesn't com back on line soon we will be going back to cable.

think about, what if every channel wanted wanted 0.01 per subscriber per day. lets take the t250 plus locals---

250 channels x0.01=$2.50
$2.50 x 30 days = 75.00 per day that dish has to pay all the channels

what do you think your bill would like after dish had to mark that up to cover their overhead to keep service going? yes its unfortunate that people cannot watch programming that they enjoy, but it is for the better good in the long run that dish drops channels that try to strongarm them. if one one channel sees another channel getting away with it, it will never stop.

Dish dropped the Young station in Richmond VA WRIC ABC channel 8. I have to side with dish on this, stations shouldn't be able to charge for what they are broadcasting free over the airwaves.

Earl

No I don't expect something for nothing. I would be paying and seeing ABC not McKenna spinning BS 24/7 on Chan 10.

Essentially Dish just took away at least 20% of my TV viewing. For me this is not an acceptable situation .

Dish would be happy to broadcast the channel for you so you can watch channel 10. The problem is that once the contract expired they are not allowed to broadcast the signal any more and if they did, they are taking the chance of being sued by McKenna.
And according to the contract between you and Dish, they have the ability to change (add or subtract) channels and programming without notice.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)