Statement from DISH - Not Getting the New HD?

Why can't you....

I live outside Ithaca, NY and receive Syracuse locals. I have 110/119/61.5. I expected to be able to get EA and a 1000.4 dish. Here the text of the chat I tried after two conversations with clueless CSRs:

Thank you for being a valued DISH Network customer, I will be happy to assist you today. Please give me a moment to access your account and review the information you have already provided.
(04-23tu) Kimberly C. 96N: Hello. How are you doing today?
Christopher Lyons: Fine thanks!
(04-23tu) Kimberly C. 96N: I see that you are inquiring about the new HD channels, is that correct?
Christopher Lyons: Yes.
(04-23tu) Kimberly C. 96N: I will be more than happy to assist you with that today. One moment while I access your account.
Christopher Lyons: Are you still there?
(04-23tu) Kimberly C. 96N: At this time you also do not have line of sight for the 72.7, which is the satellite location these channels come off with an Eastern Arc install. I apologize for the inconvenience and assure you that Dish is committed to find a solution at this time.
Christopher Lyons: OK... What is the next step?
(04-23tu) Kimberly C. 96N: At this time, there is nothing that can be done until a resolution has been reached.
Christopher Lyons: Ah. So when you write "Dish is committed to find a solution at this time..." you do not mean at this time, you mean at some undetermined time.
(04-23tu) Kimberly C. 96N: At this time we are committed and working diligently on a resolution.
(04-23tu) Kimberly C. 96N: That means it could be tomorrow or it could be next week.
Christopher Lyons: How will I learn if and when a resolution is reached?
(04-23tu) Kimberly C. 96N: You will need to chat back in or call in to check on status of these new HD channels being available to you.
Christopher Lyons: That sounds like a frustrating process, but I thank you for your time.
(04-23tu) Kimberly C. 96N: I apologize for any frustration.
(04-23tu) Kimberly C. 96N: You're welcome.
(04-23tu) Kimberly C. 96N: Thank you for chatting with Dish Network and have a great day!

I may have missed something in an earlier thread but why can't you hit 72.7? Trees or something? What Sat are the syracuse locals on?
Gerry

Installers are here. They are going to try adding the 129 LNB to my 1000+ first which is what I originally asked for, but the CSR told me I needed a 1000.4.

Ted

129 LNB installed. Dish re-pointed. Wing dish removed. I can now watch Little House on the Prairie in HD! :eek: Also, the installers gave me a Vancouver Olympics beanie. Sweet!

Ted

edit - picture added of beanie (hat or knit cap for those who are particular)

Attachments

• IMG00012-20100216-1611.jpg
    IMG00012-20100216-1611.jpg
    264.4 KB · Views: 117
Last edited:
I had the same set up as you. The installer came out yesterday and replaced my 61.5 Dish with a 1000.4 eastern Arc Dish (61.5, 72.7, 77). I still have the Dish pointed at 110/119 for my older SD box. I would think they could do the same for you.

If I get the same as you I don't need the replacement 211k that they Dish said I needed since it won't work on the Eastern Arc. I have one 722k and an old 301D.

Hope I have enough snow melted from my back patio and roof so he may go up and do the upgrade.

Ron

I used the Dish Chat to order my 1000.4 and to swap my 522 for a 722. I am in East Central Florida and have two Dish 500s now to get 110/119 on one Dish 500and 61.5 for the other Dish 500. I guess the Tech will swap one Dish 500 for the 1000.4, so it picks up 110/119/ and 129 ?? (I wonder if 72.7 would be better for my location than the 129 )? My Instal and swaps are set for 02/24 8-12. Hopefully it works out ok.:confused:

I'm going to have to start using chat, like many of you do. My bill posted today and I went in to look at it. It was $9.42 higher than last month because when the CSR offered me the $15 upgrade last Friday he signed me up for a service plan.

When I called DISH to ask about this, CSR Alex informed me that I could remove it with a $25 charge. I told him that I wasn't paying a $25 removal fee for something I didn't request. He spoke with a supervisor and offered me free removal. He advised me that this was a one-time exception to which I replied that I'll be asking for another one anytime they add something to my bill without my permission.

So I still get the $15 visit this weekend without a service charge, but I think it's time for an email to that CEO address.

FWIW here are my results. It appears to to me the first csr was probably new, thus referred to the second csr who experienced technical difficulties? Third time is a charm they say. Still appears to be confusion on what to charge customers.
I think $15 is reasonable for a technician to re aim or install a new dish on a Sunday so I will not complain.

Please wait while we find a representative to assist you...
Thank you for being a valued DISH Network customer, I will be happy to assist you today. Please give me a moment to access your account and review the information you have already provided.
(03) Alistair R. 8L8: Your patience is greatly appreciated.
(03) Alistair R. 8L8: I will be glad to help you.
B: no problem
B: Do you see the question I asked?
(03) Alistair R. 8L8: I went through your question.
B: ok, and...........
(03) Alistair R. 8L8: The following HD channels are included in the following packages listed next to it:
(03) Alistair R. 8L8: E! Entertainment Television America’s Top 120
BBC America America’s Top 200
TruTv America’s Top 200
Hallmark Channel America’s Top 200
Fox Soccer Channel America’s Top 250
Sportsman America’s Top 250
IndiePlex PlatinumHD
RetroPlex PlatinumHD
Showtime West Showtime
B: I checked my guide yesterday and they were not showing
(03) Alistair R. 8L8: Please give me two minutes while I check that for you.
B: Do I have the correct channel numbers? 363,365,9430,9450,9474,9482,9483,9512.9520
(03) Alistair R. 8L8: Thanks for being on hold.
B: no problem
(03) Alistair R. 8L8: I have checked that's the correct number.
B: Should I check my guide again?
(03) Alistair R. 8L8: I see that we need to repoint the dish in order to get all the satellite locations.
B: Is that all that's required?
(03) Alistair R. 8L8: That's correct. I see that this option is not available on the account, for this I would connect you to our technical department who can check the possible options and assist you further.
B: sure
(03) Alistair R. 8L8: Please stay online while I transfer.
(03) Alistair R. 8L8 has left the session.
Please wait while we find an agent from the (04) Technical Support department to assist you.
B: ok
(04-03rf) Debbie E. 3KK: Thank you for your patience
B: Thank you for helping.
(04-03rf) Debbie E. 3KK: To verify, you wanted to upgrade to get the 9 new HD channels?
B: Would upgrading involve additional costs or commitments?
(04-03rf) Debbie E. 3KK: Yes it would
(04-03rf) Debbie E. 3KK: It will just be a minute to look up the cost
B: Which would be what?
(04-03rf) Debbie E. 3KK has left the session.
Your agent is experiencing. Please stand by while we re-establish contact or find a new agent...
All agents are currently busy. Please stand by.
Please wait while we find an agent from the (04) Technical Support department to assist you.
(04-03rf) Corey R. HZ2: I'd be happy to assist you with that.
(04-03rf) Corey R. HZ2: You are wanting to get the new HD channels.
(04-03rf) Corey R. HZ2: Are you still there?
(04-03rf) Corey R. HZ2: I have not heard from you in a while, are you still with me?
(04-03rf) Corey R. HZ2: I apologize, however due to the lack of response I will now be ending this chat session. Thank you for using Dish Network Live Chat!
B: Yes, providing there are no additional costs or commitments.
(04-03rf) Corey R. HZ2: Please give me 2-3 minutes to research this.
B: Sorry, I had a phone call.
(04-03rf) Corey R. HZ2: I'm am still looking for you please give me 2-3 more minutes.
B: Take your time.
(04-03rf) Corey R. HZ2: I have to call a specialty department to get this done for you I am still talking to them to try to get the cost and see if we can set it up for you.
B: I appreciate your help.
(04-03rf) Corey R. HZ2: We are always here to help.
(04-03rf) Corey R. HZ2: Most likely if there is a cost it will only be $15.
B: Do you what the upgrade entails?
(04-03rf) Corey R. HZ2: We will need to either repoint your dish or install a different dish.
B: Should I have contacted my local installer first about this upgrade?
(04-03rf) Corey R. HZ2: No we can help you with it.
B: $0 is better but I can handle $15.
(04-03rf) Corey R. HZ2: It look like it will be $15. Tomorrow between 8 and 12 is the soonest date and timeframe we can have a technician out to resolve this for you. Is someone over the age of 18 going to be home during this time?
B: Sorry for all the questions, but which dish is affected, the single or dual lnb?
(04-03rf) Corey R. HZ2: The single.
(04-03rf) Corey R. HZ2: Or we might be taking down both and installing a one dish solution if needed.
B: I'm sorry but I am working the rest of this week and I won't know next weeks schedule until Wednesday.
(04-03rf) Corey R. HZ2: What about the weekend
B: I work most Saturdays.
(04-03rf) Corey R. HZ2: Do you work on Sundays?
B: No
(04-03rf) Corey R. HZ2: We could do it Sunday.
B: Will the tec be the same person who installed my system?
(04-03rf) Corey R. HZ2: Maybe but I do not know what technician will come.
B: OK, if something comes up prior to Sunday can I cancel? Sorry to be a pain however the wife sometimes makes plans at the last minute.
(04-03rf) Corey R. HZ2: Yes, but wouldn't cancel just reschedule it if you can't do it Sunday.
B: Ok, lets set it up.
(04-03rf) Corey R. HZ2: I have your address listed as ### ######### ME, 047301. Is that correct?
B: Do you know if this install will affect any future plans for me getting local channels?
(04-03rf) Corey R. HZ2: It shouldn't.
B: OK. yes the address is correct
(04-03rf) Corey R. HZ2: I have your home phone number listed as ##########. In order to ensure everything goes efficiently as possible, our technician may contact you to confirm your appointment prior to your scheduled date. Do you have a cellular or a work number where we can reach you in the event you are not home?
B: No . the zip is 04730
(04-03rf) Corey R. HZ2: Ok,'
B: cell ##########
B: Sorry ##########
(04-03rf) Corey R. HZ2: Your Technician Visit is scheduled for 8 between 12. Please make sure that there is at least 3' clearance behind the TV prior to the technician arriving. The tech will arrive at your home during this timeframe; however the completion of the work may go past 12. Please plan accordingly so that the tech can complete the work as required. If you need to reschedule, please call 1-800-894-9131 or contact us through the Live Chat link online at least 24 hours in advance to notify us. Someone 18 years or older will need to be present in order for the work to be performed. Your Technician Visit includes a 60 day warranty.
B: Is my cell number showing?
(04-03rf) Corey R. HZ2: Yes they block on your side for security.
B: Ok
(04-03rf) Corey R. HZ2: Is there anything else I can assist you with today?
B: All set, thanks Corey,
(04-03rf) Corey R. HZ2: Thank you for being a DISH Network customer, have a wonderful day!
B: You too
Thank you for visiting Dish Network. You may now close this window.
Your session has ended. You may now close this window.

Well I got home from work today and checked the email, one being from Dish regarding my latest bill, that it was ready for viewing, so I log on to my account and:eek: a $61.97 charge for a 4 premium package plan that I did not order, on top of my regular bill.
Long story short, the charge was removed, but you may want to check your billing if you have spoken/chatted to Dish recently about the upgrade.

Well I got home from work today and checked the email, one being from Dish regarding my latest bill, that it was ready for viewing, so I log on to my account and:eek: a $61.97 charge for a 4 premium package plan that I did not order, on top of my regular bill.
Long story short, the charge was removed, but you may want to check your billing if you have spoken/chatted to Dish recently about the upgrade.

Just checked mine and the only addition fee showing is the $15 tech visit charge. :angel:

My tech wouldn't go on roof because of snow (can't say that I blame him). He was well informed and knew more than most dish CSR. He plans on replacing my 61.5 with an EA 1000.4 and will also pull the 119 off my Dish 500 for KTLA.

How come when I hit the info screen it says KTLA is on the 61.5 but when you go to satellite signal it's on the 119?

My tech wouldn't go on roof because of snow (can't say that I blame him). He was well informed and knew more than most dish CSR. He plans on replacing my 61.5 with an EA 1000.4 and will also pull the 119 off my Dish 500 for KTLA.

How come when I hit the info screen it says KTLA is on the 61.5 but when you go to satellite signal it's on the 119?

All super stations are on eastern arc as well as western arc. So you don't need 119 unless you want it for kicks or for an sd receiver ?

First Post!!! Woo-hoo! Got the Eastern Arc for the 15 bucks here in NH (Boston locals) w/o any issues. New channels and locals are fine!

...some frustrations over the past few years

In response to posts #315-317 (only reading the last couple pages here):

- The techs never seem to call no matter how adamant you are when making the appointment...

-It is my experience you can hardly ever get the same response from CSRs,etc, to varying questions no matter how many you call/chat with in any given day

-After hearing all the various solutions as to what they would need to do to resolve this problem (with not receiving the latest rollout of HD channels which arent 'all that' anyway) and due to the fact it is a result of DISH, also in principle I do not believe I should pay up to $200 to have this resolved, I will wait it out until DISH corrects the 61.5 situation.

Finally, my latest commit expires April 1st. This is about one and a half months out from now...I dropped Charter after 25 years and I have no qualms moving on after less than 5 years with DISH if there is not a fix in sight at that date.

This is my story:
Thursday, I call Dish and inform them of this subject. The phone support people are completely clueless, as usual! Make an appointment and have the understanding down.
First day, the installer was over booked and never called me to say that. Second day, they couldn’t find my house and were an hour away at 5pm. Third day, show up and they do not have 1000.2 with them!

Today, I call up screaming because I took three days off from work for nothing! First person I speak to, can barely speak English. Transferred a few more times until I finally get someone in the resolutions department. The person is clueless to my current setup (2 dish 500’s 110/119/61.5) let alone what I am asking for them to do (swap dish500 for 1000.2 to add 129). I repeatly say exactly what kstuart has posted. My issue is now at the hands of the people in the I.T. department. When the person from the resolutions department gets the understanding on how to write-up the work order, she will call me back.

If you want to call the person in the resolutions department and explain to her this subject please do so, Laura 720-514-8555 ex 70842

-----------------
Update: I attempted my 22nd time and got right back to the resolutions department. Now, this time the Dish phone tech will only change me over to eastern arc. They would not even speak to me about a dish 1000.2 AND this person thinks 129 is part of the eastern arc!

If you want to speak to this person directly, 720-514-8555 ex. 80584

This company is full of idiots! I am about to purchase a 1000.2 dish myself so I do not have to deal with this company's crap!

This is my story:
Thursday, I call Dish and inform them of this subject. The phone support people are completely clueless, as usual! Make an appointment and have the understanding down.
First day, the installer was over booked and never called me to say that. Second day, they couldn’t find my house and were an hour away at 5pm. Third day, show up and they do not have 1000.2 with them!

Today, I call up screaming because I took three days off from work for nothing! First person I speak to, can barely speak English. Transferred a few more times until I finally get someone in the resolutions department. The person is clueless to my current setup (2 dish 500’s 110/119/61.5) let alone what I am asking for them to do (swap dish500 for 1000.2 to add 129). I repeatly say exactly what kstuart has posted. My issue is now at the hands of the people in the I.T. department. When the person from the resolutions department gets the understanding on how to write-up the work order, she will call me back.

If you want to call the person in the resolutions department and explain to her this subject please do so, Laura 720-514-8555 ex 70842

-----------------
Update: I attempted my 22nd time and got right back to the resolutions department. Now, this time the Dish phone tech will only change me over to eastern arc. They would not even speak to me about a dish 1000.2 AND this person thinks 129 is part of the eastern arc!

If you want to speak to this person directly, 720-514-8555 ex. 80584

This company is full of idiots! I am about to purchase a 1000.2 dish myself so I do not have to deal with this company's crap!

So, you are really adamant about this. You have posted the same story in 6 different threads. One is really enough! All of them include a private number that was given to you specifically for your issue. Not cool at all....

help

Tech emails me this - any thoughts?

I received some additional information and I needed your input before we tried to proceed further. What I found out is that where you live, you physically are unable to get signal from satellite 77, one of the three satellites used with an Eastern Arc configuration. You live outside of the broadcast area for this signal. As such, if we are able to do an installation to get you the satellite 72 for these new HD channels, we may end up needing to install a third satellite dish pointed exclusively at this satellite since we cannot do a pure Eastern Arc installation. In the end, with this configuration of equipment, you would have the one dish for 119 and 110, a second dish for 61.5, and the third dish for 72. If there is no other way to get this installed, would this be acceptable?

I thought 77 was pretty much just for Mexico??? I was set up with the Eastern Arc dish without 77 and I have a Dish 500 pointing to 110/119, so I get 61.5/72/110/119.