STB Health Lite- WTH?

Darrell S

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 13, 2004
Parts Unknown
My 625 downloaded a software upgrade today. I noticed new readings after pushing details in the system info screen. This is where I usually just see the word good, or in the past it told me of LNB drift.
Today it says Good, but has the words STB Health Lite plus a bunch of numbers and values I don't understand.

Does this mean my 625 is going bad or some new feature to monitor the health of the box?
The SW version is L466.

it's a new feature from the updates that are rolling out. that's all i know. maybe some one else here knows more on the details. you're good:up

Im having the same issue help!!!!

mine says

STB Health Lite
Tuner 0 as of Orbital 14 15 16 21

Its on my dish 300 pointed towards 61.5. I had a LNB drift on this dish not too long ago.....

My 625 downloaded a software upgrade today. I noticed new readings after pushing details in the system info screen. This is where I usually just see the word good, or in the past it told me of LNB drift.
Today it says Good, but has the words STB Health Lite plus a bunch of numbers and values I don't understand.

Does this mean my 625 is going bad or some new feature to monitor the health of the box?
The SW version is L466.

No your receiver is not going bad. 14,15,16, & 21 are the transponders that STB heath use as a base to tell if your receiver is having signal issues.

STB health is a feature that monitors the signal strength to the box. If it detects a reading that is low, it will send a signal to dish if you have a phone line connected, or pop up an error on the screen with a number to call if you don't have a phone line connected.

It only is concerned about the readings on 110 & 119 on those 4 transponders, It shows readings for signals on 61.5 & 129, but won't send in an error for low or no readings on those 2 sats.

If it gets at low reading in yellow or red on your signal meter( look at the time of the reading, probably between 3-4 am) it will send an error to dish and you will get a phone call asking if you're having problems, and tell you that they want to send out a tech to make sure everything is OK.

It's a software progtram that dish has put in receivers to try and fix signal problems for customers before they actually lose their picture, or notice a problem.
It's not perfect, it's a nice feature when it works correctly.:up

Actually it's "'STB Health", mini version using on non-DVR receivers; full - for DVR, what reporting each week about your behavior ;) and the box parameters ( not necessary problems). It was posted what in there.

This STB Health Lite has been there on the ViP 211 since L4.39 update.

My 211 says Tuner 0 as of Orbital: 14 15 16 21

Value: 0:0
Value: 1:0
Value: 2:0
Value: 3:0
Value: 4:0
Value: 5:0
Value: 6:0
Value: 7:0
Value: 8:0
Value: 9:0

What do these mean?

Do the orbital numbers refer to each sat (119, 110 and 61.5) ?

The value numbers on mine (0 thru 9) are all 0. Is this good?

Here's the picture

Attachments

• Dish 6-1-3.jpg
    Dish 6-1-3.jpg
    295.4 KB · Views: 486
Now I see ... Something wrong here. Let me make my, there are missed sat numbers and signal levels. I think your SW doesn't work as need. Perhaps a bug in it.

MY 61.5 is dead

Looks like its just another way of saying "LNB Drift Detected". Whenever i run the system setup 61.5 fails, it has had 48 signal losses since 9am this morning.

Waiting for tech to arrive....

:(

Attachments

• IMG_0002.JPG
    IMG_0002.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 341
What do you see when you go further down? i.e. --the values?

Mine read as follows:

Value: 0:0
Value: 1:0
Value: 2:0
Value: 3:0
Value: 4:0
Value: 5:0
Value: 6:0
Value: 7:0
Value: 8:0
Value: 9:0

Then I doubt if it is LNB drift.

I had a similar problem and it was a misaligned dish.

Service tech should help.

yep you were right

nearby tree blocking signal, was in the 20`s

they moved the dish farther back, now getting between 50-57 signal strength

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts