stb problem - anyone else? Yes, don't reboot if you don't have to

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Dunno if this is a new channel intro or not but my box is 100% dead now. I've rebooted twice, unplugged, and nothing. Over the past 20 minutes it has gone from being stuck on a channel to not doing anything at all. I really hope this is something they can fix remotely since the box doesn't seem to be responding to anything at all here. Can't even get into any menus. :(

My other stb is now doing the same thing. Trying Sean's fix. 1 DOA order from ebay today and another substandard arrival two days ago. grrrrrrrrrrrrr

Unreal. I have been googling and rebooting my STB to no avail before I found this thread. I had the exact same problems and symptoms except now my box locks very quickly after any reboot or unplug and then boots to the Voom HDTV Delivered intro screen displaying Starting, please wait... . I have left it sit for about 30 mins and it has not changed and I also have rebooted and unplugged the box and it still comes to the same Starting screen. Does anyone else have this symptom?

As an aside, this is only happening to the STB that my installer said had the "new" software installed on it; the other STB seems to be working fine. The problem seemed to begin at around noon est. I was unable to check what firmware version the box had before it went down so I cannot be more specific.

Voom must fix this soon as this is totally unacceptable. If anyone needs more info on my problem please message.

I look forward to your feedback.

Thank you for the help in advance,

moltensilver

I just got off the phone with a Voom CSR ( took 30 minutes to wait for a 30 second explanation). According to her, they are having a problem with satellite transmission, have isolated the problem, and are fixing it. I don't know if anyone else got the same story, but from what I've read everyone else seems to have gotten the new software story. I think the no software story makes a little more sense, as I can't even get my OTA channels in increments as I was getting.

Sean Mota said:
After you reboot, the VOOM guide comes up, touch FAV list button. Another screen will come up saying " downloading PG information..." after this screens goes away, turn off stb and turn it on using the remote control. At this time you will have all your channels and picture but no information in the PG. Let it way another 15 minutes to download the rest of the data.

Just tried this....after I reboot, I hit fav and the top half of the voom menu comes up, bottom half is completely black, and the "picture in guide" is empty...after this it just locks completely. No "downloading pg info", no nothing...just an incomplete menu screen and 100% lockup. Any ideas?

If I try Sean's fix, then turn it off, when I turn it back on I get the red light of voom doom. Wondering if somebody's head will roll .......

Just got thru talking to a CSR at VOOM after waiting 30+ minutes for someone to answer, anyways they said it is a known issue and the techs are working on it and the suggestion is to leave the STB in standby mode with phone cord plugged in and see what happens in the morning.

Well, I've been grooving on Voom since my install last Saturday; so last nite I invite my son and his missus for dinner to see the great new system, and POW! Voom Hosed me! Total lockup! Very embarrasing situation. My son's a d* customer, so he got a good laugh, after all the raving I had done about voom...

Just goes to show you, ya' just can't win! I sure hope these guys get their act together; now I see what all the 'noise' here has been about!

Nowhere to go from here but UP, right???

leeb

I performed what Sean suggested go all the pg with info on screen when to turn STB off and it will not turn back on all it has is the red sat icon .This is bad

deeann said:
Use the 'SAT' button on the remote to turn the box 'off' and into standby.

Easier said than done since my box doesn't respond to any remote commands at the moment....

I just unplugged it, plugged it back in, it gave me the voom startup screen, then just shut off by itself. I guess it's now in standby (or dead...)

Hey, I'm here in Tampa Florida and been raining most of the day. When there was a clear period the stb would lock up and rebooted many times and can't get it to work. Guess may as well forget Voom tonight and watch sd TV, Ouch! what a bummer!

lostcause said:
Easier said than done since my box doesn't respond to any remote commands at the moment....

I just unplugged it, plugged it back in, it gave me the voom startup screen, then just shut off by itsels. I guess it's now in standby (or dead...)

Most likely it is in standby mode...

then just shut off by itsels.

Geez..no tv for only an hour and already I can't spell. This is gonna be a long night!!! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts