Steer Me Towards A New Flat Screen

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

WiCkeDuDe

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 16, 2005
Utah
I need to get a new 40 to 47 inch flat screen TV for my bedroom. Old set finally died so Im getting another 4K Joey to hook to this new unit and hang it on the wall.

Anyways I havent shopped for awhile and im wondering what sets/brands everyone is recommending these days? I bought a Samsung UN46EH5300 46" inch back in 2014 that has given me no trouble at all. Im pretty happy with it overall though I know some say Samsung's are not very good.

I really dont care if its 4k or not. I do like the smaller 4k Joey over the Joey 2.0 but I really dont care much about 4k right now. Half my stuff I watch is not even 1080p so....

As for internet ready I am not sure. Seems like kinda a waste as on my Samsung I just use the Joey apps for netflix and everything I do so, I dont sling anything really.

Opinions.....? Again im not after the most expensive and greatest, OLED, 4k, etc. Dont want a curved set. Just a nice reliable set for a good price...

Last edited:
Not sure if you are a member but I picked up a nice 1080p 40" Samsung from Costco about a month ago and the image is great. Was around $300.

I looked back, it was the Samsung UN40J6200

It was their version of that 2015 model and I got it in store. It was 1080p and had a 120CMR refresh rate (black frame insertion). I got it for $369 on sale.

Reactions: WiCkeDuDe
Im pretty happy with it overall though I know some say Samsung's are not very good.
Those detractors would be in a pretty small minority these days. Most large companies offer cheap models as well as really good stuff. Consumer Reports recommends LG and Samsung TVs alongside a small complement of Sony models even though they are less respected brands.

Yeah I agree. Im finding the prices on these vizios is pretty amazing. I can even get a 4k for under $500.

Im basically pretty stuck at this point over the 2015 tried and true Vizio M43-C1 or take the chance on the new 2016 Vizio E43U-D2. The only things I dont like about the 2016 model is the power consumption is higher and its just starting to roll out so there are no reviews on it yet. The older M43-C1 is actually a bit more at this point as its phased out...

Amazon product ASIN B01ES3RB06
Amazon product ASIN B00T63YUTE

Hmm pretty stuck here. I like the 2016 model but it has no smart menu as it uses the Google cast or smartcast system with your smartphone. I dont use the menu system on the tv much but I am not sure if I want to use my smartphone...

The "E" series are the lower mid level models. Features-wise, they aren't very fancy. The "M" series 2015 models probably still have better features (Wi-fi, almost three times as many FALD zones, one more HDMI input) than the 2016 "E" models.

Note that Vizio is offering the M43-C1 for $499 with free shipping direct.

I kinda doubt that 1 year is going to bring enough innovation to the E series to make it compare with the M series (although they may get closer now that Vizio offers 5 different series).

Is that $499 direct through the Visio web site?
That is the implication of "Vizio is offering... direct".

You probably shouldn't buy anything without checking out the manufacturer's web page for it. Too often retailers get some of the details wrong (even Crutchfield) due to overzealous use of cut and paste.

I have been on the Vizio site a lot but I didn't notice they were selling it on there until you pointed it out. Also saw they had an outlet store so I wanted to clarify. I'm sorry my question caused so much trouble for you

I have been on the Vizio site a lot but I didn't notice they were selling it on there until you pointed it out.
Given that you essentially have to "shop" to find detailed information about a particular model, I logically assumed you hadn't visited the site. There are shop links on pretty much every page and they're big red buttons when you get narrowed down. I don't think you can avoid them even if you come in from a search engine.

http://www.vizio.com/m43c1.html

The giveaway is when they mention "free shipping".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts