stereophile Ultimate A/V magazine article

bdcrow00

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 23, 2004
Nov 2004 Should You Make Room For VOOM?

A pretty balanced article, which results in many raves:

'...VOOM's HD picture quality is unassailable. In A/B comparisons, with digital cable and DirecTV, I could see no differences in HD content, but SD was quite different -- Voom's picture was noticeably superior to both digital cable and DirecTV.'

'While DirecTV has recently added NBC's digital network feeed in certain areas of service, as well as BravoHD, its HD commitment remains relatively weak, its non-HD picture quality unimpressive, and its ability to add more HD channels suspect.'

'That puts VOOM in a relatively strong postion.'

D* and V* subscriber,
Brian

'...VOOM's HD picture quality is unassailable
The same Bullsh!t was printed in The Perfect Vision. How many of you noticed that these 2 rags also included a Voom interactive CD? Coincidence? It's a shame when a review has to be bought and paid for and can't stand on it's own merits.

I invite any of these reviewers to my house for a Voom screening and then let them write their review.

DarrellP said:
...I invite any of these reviewers to my house for a Voom screening and then let them write their review.
Are you saying that in your A/B comparison the same HD and SD channels (HBO, DiscoveryHD, etc.) look much better on D*?

Ilya said:
Are you saying that in your A/B comparison the same HD and SD channels (HBO, DiscoveryHD, etc.) look much better on D*?
I'm saying the A/B comparisons look much better on E* than on V*. (HD ONLY, I do not watch any SD programming) :)

Then, I guess, you are not disagreeing with the quoted article, since it was about D* and SD channels... ;)

Please, Darrell, change your avatar! Please!!!
It's hard to talk to you when you are standing like that. :D

Ilya said:
Then, I guess, you are not disagreeing with the quoted article, since it was about D* and SD channels... ;)

I'm commenting about the HD part.

Ilya said:
Please, Darrell, change your avatar! Please!!!
It's hard to talk to you when you are standing like that. :D

You don't want to smell my breath when I pull my head out. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)