Voom Magazine

HDVoomer

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 25, 2004
I was just thinking that maybe Voom should put out their own magazine. You could have the TV listings for the month, News articles about Voom, and anything that has to do with HD broadcasts. Could be similar to that of Satellite Direct or DISH Magazine. Maybe more innovative and detailed. Sound like a great way to get more people exposed to Voom.

Sounds like more money. They need to spend less of that ;) I thinking sticking to what they got online is good.

Yeah, and they could deliver them to every house in America, look what the crap internet service A(holes)O(n)L(ine) did with their mass CD distribution.

A better voom magazine

Maybe your right. Deliver information, examples of HD, explanations, A channel guide, but make it upscale, more modern, not just another cheap catalog printed glossy stock of paper. Make it more than just 32 or 64 pages of flat unmotivating pictures and text. Maybe deliver it in a better way than next to the coupon pile in the mailbox.

Deliver it to all voom subscribers of course, but also let anyone who wants it, subscribe to it. Now, it shouldn't be free, no one appreciates what is given to them only what they pay for. It shouldn't cost a lot, otherwise too many people will not subscribe.

I think you got something there.

So, how about this for an updated publication. We make it exciting and provocative, actually giving the the subscriber a viceral sense when they experience. With technology today or in the near future we could even include action and animation, I read recently about an electronic paper that can have moving images on it, but that is few years away. Maybe there is something we can use today? anyone? Since this the age of instant communication, how 'bout we deliver it electronically.

But better than just a webpage that is slow and difficult to find what you want. It has to be extemely easy to navigate. Most subscribers won't want to have to read the instructions on our new "Magazine" turning pages should be as easy as pushing a button.

We want the content to really focus on what voom and HD have to offer, not just another "Me Too" technology rag.

To get someone hooked on it we need a really low intro price, of course the subscriber base will ultimately have to support the distribution, but advertising can help, as long as the advertising doesn't overrun the publication. The content will have to continue to evolve and be fresh and new.

I propose that we start at a $1.00 intro cost.

Hey, that sounds like a voom satellite subscription!!!!!

Tell your Friends, co workers, neighbors.

there's a new viewer experience in town and it is worth every penny of the subscription, in fact it might save you money over some of the subsciptions you already have, since they may be paying for 300 mediocre channels to try and satisfy their primordial need for true beauty in their views, when 20+ channels of Real Beautiful HD may actually satisfy the nagging hunger.

They may even have more time if they watch less quality television instead of trying to feel satiated by quantity of mediocre TV.

With all the extra time maybe they'll clean up their yard and beautify the neighbor hood and with they extra savings from getting rid of 85 garbage "Premium Channels" mybe they buy some roses to plant in the front yard.

Do your part, clean up your neighborhood, encourage a stong economy by consumer saving, and make people feel happier and more fulfilled. Encourage everyone you know to get Voom, it is your duty as an American.

And besides: IT'S a BUCK.

And when you see a rose in someone yard be happy that you had something to do with it.

Another thing you can do for your friends is go to the V* website and order the V* information on CD to be mailed to them. They can pop this into their PC and watch it on their computer for all the details.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)