Stern on Sirius?

Sirius is not sharing Stern or quite a few channels with Dish customers. You get certain channels on the tv version, you want the rest, but the package.

RocketFoot said:
Is anyone with Sirius able to receive Howard 100 on Dish Network? I get it on my car Sirius, but not on the TV...

DISH doesn't carry any of the talk channels, only the music channels. This has been addressed many times. Their contract covers music ONLY.

He will be streaming on the net in the near future via your Sirius website logon info. There are many cheap time/sched based recorders that can even record from this source. For about $7 you can even directly connect your plug n play Sirius radios to your PC to do the same thing.

I'm hoping and waiting for him to be on sirius.com I got a sirus PnP but I don't get any signal in my room so it only works in the car :( :( :(

I was signing up for comcast high speed and ran across this.

http://www.comcast.com/Buyflow/default.ashx

half way down Howard on demand.
Now you can see Howard like you’ve never seen him before and under your control. Pause, rewind, and fast forward through a collection built from more than 10 years of his daily E! shows. And starting in April ’06, you’ll even get access to recaps of the new Howard stern Sirius Radio Show!* With hours and hours of Howard’s best – past and present – and fresh selections each week, it’s all the Stern you’ll ever need.

The monthly subscription is available for an introductory price of $9.99 a month November 18, 2005 through March 31, 2006. Starting April 1, 2006, the standard monthly rate of $13.99 a month applies. Or, you can lock in an annual rate right now for $109.99 Starting April 1, 2006, the standard annual rate of $139.99 applies.
View the Channel Lineup for your area. Select "View By Package" to see what channels you get with our different packages. While you're there, search for your favorite channels or sort by program genres!

Pause, rewind, and fast forward through more than 10 years of his daily E! shows. And starting in April '06, you'll even get access to the new Howard Stern Sirius Radio Show! With hours and hours of Howard's best - past and present - and fresh new selection each week, it's all the Stern you'll ever need. And it's only ON DEMAND. Sirius shows will be made available within 48 hrs of taping.

You can lock in an annual rate right now for $109.99. After April 1st , annual packages will cost $139.99.

I don't know, but his show on Sirius is the best it's been in years. He's back to being the howard we all know and love.

Dish only carries the Sirius music channels -- which all by itself is pretty nice.

Rumor has it that Sirius subs will soon be able to receive streaming Stern on their PCs -- and with any one of a number of applications that grab whatever is flowing through the sound card, one will be able to capture the streams as MP3s and listen to the show(s) at one's convenience (desktop or MP3 player of your choice).

I have a Sirius Xact PnP receiver that I use in the car and the signal and content are terrific -- they do have great stuff besides Stern, you know.

But, Stern fans will be happy to know that his show on Sirius is terrific -- and, there are two feeds -- one for the east and one for the west -- and, they replay the show in the evening if you miss the morning drive time show.

If you watch the sales, you can pick up a Sirius PnP receiver for as little at $19 after rebate.

Between my iPod and Sirius, I never listen to terrestrial radio anymore.

garys said:
RocketFoot: Isn't Sirius set up so existing customers can listen on their PC? Thought I read something on this a couple of years ago. Maybe it still exists.

Could be, I don't have a password or anything to log in. I'll have to give Sirius a call and see what's up...

Sirius can't handle the amount of simultaneous connections to stream Howard or Howard100 & Howard101. They are upgrading their servers and equipment and negotiating bandwidth agreements for the task.
The service will eventually be available. People in offices have requested it a lot but Sirius did not expect the surge of new subscription Howard brought in. In fact Sirius can't even make the consumer equipment fast enough.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts