Will you upgrade if you now own your equipment?

bobd

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 31, 2004
MINNEAPOLIS MN 55418
I will not get this deal because I will have to get regular programming. Does it also cost five more dollars for a lease plan. All I get now is HBO and encore movie pack. I also pay for this on a annual basis. So who out there will not upgrade and stay put with they have. If you have programming close to mine what are your plans and thoughts on this.

I'm not making a decision until the "real deal" is known. I'm just going to wait it out. I have a 942 and an 811 which I own.

Last edited:
The few extra HD channels that are added just aren't worth the Hassle of IT!
I'll just keep running my 811 until it no longer receives HD Channels from Dish. Then I'll just Cancel.
Hell, by that time, Dish will have another Con to get more $$$ out of us Subs !!:(

Does anyone know when the locals will be carried in HD be available in the San Francisco area?
My first time to post, so hope I did it right. jerryda

I do not mind a new lease, but I want to keep my own 811.
Otherwise, will watch what is currently available.
Or wait, until FTA HDTV receiver will come out. :D

I have one 811 that I own (given to me by Dish), and another that I lease. I'll give up both for MPEG-4 receivers. Easy come, easy go. :)

Oh, and bobd, there's no fee for the first receiver, owned or leased.

I too am waiting to see how it all shakes out...IMO the thought of trading in my works most of the time 921 that I own for the privilege of leasing an MPEG-4 HD-DVR kinda sucks and keeping it knowing that it will soon become yard art also sucks.

gbjbany, how far from the towers do you live? I live near Grass Valley and I get channels 3,6,10,13,31,40 and sometimes 58 OTA 95% of the time...I have a large 20 + year old Wineguard and no pre amp.

dougruss said:
The few extra HD channels that are added just aren't worth the Hassle of IT!
I'll just keep running my 811 until it no longer receives HD Channels from Dish. Then I'll just Cancel.
Hell, by that time, Dish will have another Con to get more $$$ out of us Subs !!:(
This is my thought exactly. I would upgrade to the dish family pack and the new HD ch's if they would let me. Hell, I would even sign a 2 yr contract if they would let me lease....and I would turn in my 811 if they wanted it. Do I sound like I want something for nothing? But under the current rules I won't upgrade....and when my 811 can't receive anymore HD ch's....I am going to cancel. I would like to keep Dish but the prices are just to high to upgrade to another receiver.

I will stay put with what I have (SD DVR and 311). The $20/mon for HD is a high price since I can get all locals OTA. For me, a DVR is a must, but the 942 and 622 prices are too high. Maybe I'll go for th SD DVR and a 222

Ron

Bought a 942 for less than 300 on ebay and get strictly HD programming.

Will wait until the 622 gets to that price. Will keep scanning ebay in the meantime. Insane deals occur there, like my Italian plumbed in commercial espresso machine which i bought for the price of copper in it, and is now the centerpiece of my basement bar. HEHE, along with the RAVE channel on the 110 in PJ in Dolby Digital EX what more do you need to make a party go ? Sorry cant afford the champaigne rosepetal bathtubb callgirl deal but im workin on it")

The only new channel worth braggin about is the Worldsport channel i played soccer all my life.

Once again the mad scientists at the Dish lab cloned a lizzard that they would like us to call a crocodile :)

Last edited:
graffron said:
I will stay put with what I have (SD DVR and 311). The $20/mon for HD is a high price since I can get all locals OTA. For me, a DVR is a must, but the 942 and 622 prices are too high. Maybe I'll go for th SD DVR and a 222
Ron
Same for me.

DVR 625, and 811.

I own my 921 and see no compelling reason to upgrade at the "deals" currently promised. As I see it, to upgrade will cost me an additional $14.00 + tax a month. For what? The additional Voom channels look sucky and UniversalHD mostly has rehashed old TV series and a few movies. I don't watch any of the Voom channels now except Rave and Monsters and they are downrezzing the PQ on those. ESPN2 would be interesting but College Football is done for the season.

Again, I will have to pass on the "great deal" they are offering on upgrading.:tux:

Owners of 942 and whatever other equipment you have got screwed by E*. We got the short end of the stick because we stupidly decided to buy the equipment. I only subscribe to HD pack and I do not want no lease program with useless SD channels.

I own a 942 and plan to wait. Lease is not for me if I have to commit to a basic package. I just want HD programming, I now have the HD pack and Voom and pay$25 monthly. In my area I can get all networks OTA. May buy a 622 in the future will wait and see.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts