steven bochco announces retirement

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

iceturkee

DINFOS Trained Killer
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 13, 2005
daytona beach
veteran television producer steven bochco announced wednesday he is retiring after a 40-year career in television. bochco is responsible for giving us some of the best shows in the history of the small screen: LA law, hill street blues and my fave, NYPD blue. he also did doogie howser and the short lived program about the iraq war.....over there (among a cast of hundreds).

bochco is 64. happy retirement steven. and thanks for so many years of memorable television. we'll miss you! just one piece of advice........let's be careful out there!!! :(

Hill Street was great. Its one of those shows that I'm hoping will get the HD remastering one day. I don't know if it was done on film, but it looked like it.

He he, we can't forget to mention cop rock.

oh gosh yes, the short lived cop rock or the spin-off with dennis franz norman buntz character from hill street. or even the underappreciated brooklyn south!

How funny. I was just thinking yesterday how great it wold be if I could find the 1st few seasons of L.A. Law on DVD for my sister for Christmas.

Regardless, the guy has done a lot for television and will be missed

I can't find Hill Street in the Guides anymore. I used to see that it was on Bravo a while back before I had a DVR. It was on weekdays during the daytime, so I never caught it. Now that I have a DVR, its not to be found. Once in a while I search for it, but not recently.

you guys know the first 2 seasons are out on dvd, don't you? it's not much but its something. and something is better than nothing.

Got it on my list for Santa!

let me know if santa delievers. the true test of a great series is how it holds up years later. i still got chills everytime michael conrad says ``let's be careful out there.'' what a shame he died so early in the series. sgt. phil is still one of my very favorite bochco characters. andy sipowicz is tops!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)