Still 5.68 but sparklies are gone

The Stone Man

Centennial, Colorado
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Feb 15, 2004
Centennial, Colorado
The software version is still 5.68, and target version is N/A. I used to get sparklies at the top of the small picture in the upper right corner whenever I used the Guide feature, but now they are totally gone.

I know I read that sparklies were software related, so it appears that changes are being made. And it seems like the focus of the forum has shifted from discussion of picture quality to problems associated with OTA, and a lot of setup questions from new subs.

Anyone else notice the sparklies going away?

TNT, HIST, and COM still have the sparklies. I am still on 5.68 as well. I did notice that last night my authorization code had change to something other than "SWO".

For the life of me I can't remeber what it was. Today it's SWO again. Is there anywhere that explains these codes?

I e-mailed Voom to see if they will explain what SWO means. If I get an answer I'll post it in here. Until then--we can guess. How about Soft Ware On?

I don't think sparklies are caused by the STB. They are channel-specific. I am pretty sure this is a source/transmission issue. So, it can be fixed without software update.

Voom's answer to 'what does SWO mean?'

I guess we will have to keep speculating. Here is the answer from Voom.

Subject
---------------------------------------------------------------
What does an authorization code of SWO mean? N/A is self explanatory, but nob...

Discussion Thread
---------------------------------------------------------------
Response (VOOM Customer Care) - 06/25/2004 05:19 PM
Thank you for contacting VOOM.
SWO is the correct authorization code for our system. If you are having problems
with your receiver, please give us a call at 1-800-GET-VOOM and once again thank
you for contacting VOOM - HDTV Delivered!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)