Still need two dishes for VOOM?

mindgrind

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 9, 2005
Sorry, I've searched the forums and talked with a dish salesperson (ugh), and I still don't have the answer. I used to have Dish when Voom first came out but I had to have two dishes on my house.

I'm thinking of coming back to Dish and wonder if this is still the case? My assumption is that all HD channels including Voom have been moved to another sat and only require one dish, but can't find that info anywhere. Thanks.

The Voom HD channels are on both 61.5 & 129 so for most people a Dish1000 is all that is needed. That gets 110/119/129

But 61.5 still has the stronger signal (129 isnt the best satellite up there) so some people use 2 dishes

Depends on where you are located.

For most you can have one dish (a Dish 1000), but for others you need a Dish 500 and a second Dish pointed at 61.5.

Thanks, maybe I should ask if anyone in the Dallas area can answer if I might still need the two dishes... anyone?

Thanks Iceberg... is it all mpeg4 now like Directv? I think I've read that it is no longer HD lite (coming from FiosTV so PQ is important), is that true? Or does Dish have new birds for their HD?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts