Still new to FTA...few update questions for PSB and others...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

brians0105

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 27, 2004
First off, I'm still getting around 35-40% quality on IA6...what quality should I aim for when I re-align the dish next week?

Second...I'm confused about the transponder frequencies I'm getting. First off, Lord & Taylor comes in at 12166 and Sym Rate 03000...shouln't it be 12173? I don't watch Aakaash, but it comes in as 12157 sum rate 06117 and shouldn't it be 12166? And as one last reference, ABC NewsNow comes in at 12032 instead of 12042. Am I crazy, or what is going on?

I also can't get Fox News in the clear and can't find The University Network at all...I have tried manual entries and blind scans on the Satwork 3618. But then again if the frequencies are wrong, that is probably why I can't manually add them.

Thanks in advance guys!

Always try to get as much quality as you can, when you think you have the best you can get tighten down the dish, then from behind the dish pull slightly on one side of the dish watch the quality if it goes up the dish should be moved, do this to the left side of dish then right side then top and bottom, if the quality drops when you pull on each side you are maxed out on quality. Then move to the LNB, rotate it slightly one way then the other and get as much quality as you can, lastly move the LNB closer and further away from the dish to the best focal point again its all about quality.

The signal quality sounds good for IA-6 for a Satwork receiver as the levels are set low on it, if another kind of receiver is used you should be getting more signal quality.

I would trust Lyngsat for your frequencies and symbol rates as every receiver and LNBF is slightly out to each other, especially if you use blind scan it just stops where it first gets signal, again TRUST lyngsat.

Fox news (IA-6) is weaker than all the other channels so it should pop in with a manual entry after you max out the quality, the University channel should be blasting in, a few weeks ago I had great signal on it using a 21" dish, remember you can always give me a call if you are stuck.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)