Still no CSN-Philly on Dish!

doublek97

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 20, 2006
I know this question gets asked repeatedly every few months, but has anyone seen any updates as to if/when CSN Philly will be added to Dish Network? All the news reports I have seen say that Comcast must provide the channel to Dish and Direct, but it still doesn't get added. Will this nightmare ever end?

I apologize for asking again, but it is just so frustrating! And you can't get an answer by calling or emailing Dish, either! They just give you the "We have recorded your channel request" routine. I just want some type of "official" update like "We are in negotiations with Comcast, but no agreement has been reached. We hope to reach agreement soon" or something substantial.

Last edited:
Comcast is distributing CSN Philly by means other than uplinking it to satellite, that's why they get away with not offering it to Dish and/or DirecTV. If they ever start distributing it via satellite, then they will be required to offer it to the two sat companies.

Comcast is distributing CSN Philly by means other than uplinking it to satellite, that's why they get away with not offering it to Dish and/or DirecTV. If they ever start distributing it via satellite, then they will be required to offer it to the two sat companies.
The FCC ruled that the "terrestrial loophole" no longer applies. Both D* and E* have asked for the rights to CSN Philly. So far to no avail. Comcast is appealing the FCC ruling in court.

I can't blame you for asking actually. This type thing along with the locals mess has to be figured out. I am not sure if Comcast should be forced to let others carry it or not, but there must be some working agreement that can be made.

yeah the loophole is closed now but CSN Philly is asking for like $5 a sub for it and both D* and E* pretty much told them to F off....
and since CSN Philly can ask for whatever price they can thats how they are getting around the loophole

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)