Still no Update

Tom in TX

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 27, 2004
I read a few days ago that the upgrade was going "widespread". I still don't have it. How long migh it take, or is something wrong. I have "download without my permission" checked. I turn the unit off when not in use. Any ideas?
Tom in TX

Tom in TX said:
I read a few days ago that the upgrade was going "widespread". I still don't have it. How long migh it take, or is something wrong. I have "download without my permission" checked. I turn the unit off when not in use. Any ideas?
Tom in TX

Are you turning your 811 off with a switched outlet? If so the 811 should have a power source to it at all times. When turning the unit off with the remote or front panel button it is put into a standby mode.

It's plugged into a wall outlet. I shut the unit off with the remote control, just as I always have, and have with other receivers.
Tom in TX

Leave your TV on and turn off your 811. See if you get an uploading update screen. Some people are having problems with getting the update to take.

I would think his R ID would be in range by now, in which case you could very well be right on the money. This time around I did have issues as I did last time, it appears Gary did as well. You could force what ever rev is in stream by dumping your memory...though if you don't understand what your doing you could really hose yourself...in which case I would defer you to call advanced support for a master reset. Personally I'd give it a couple more days first.

Tom, let me ask you a question, for my own knowledge...Do you have your 811 heavily personalized as in favorites, locks, mapping, etc.?

Jason

nippjas said:
I would think his R ID would be in range by now, in which case you could very well be right on the money. This time around I did have issues as I did last time, it appears Gary did as well. You could force what ever rev is in stream by dumping your memory...though if you don't understand what your doing you could really hose yourself...in which case I would defer you to call advanced support for a master reset. Personally I'd give it a couple more days first.

Tom, let me ask you a question, for my own knowledge...Do you have your 811 heavily personalized as in favorites, locks, mapping, etc.?

Jason

Jason,

Just as a data point. I did have the issue you had with the 2.80 in terms of it not downloading. I did not have it with 2.81. I am pretty sure that my configuration is the same.

Cheers,

Ron

I have 3 Fav's lists. I have quite a few channells locked, so they never show up. Don't know what mapping is.
Tom in TX

Called Dish tech support, and they had me run a check switc, and then shut the 811 off, and, lo and behold, the update took. Get my OTA guide info for all, except NBC. Life is good!! Thanks for all the suggestions.
Tom in TX

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)