"Check Switch" problem

hab

Original poster
Oct 21, 2004
I recently moved and hve re-installed my dish, which has a twin LNBF. I only use one receiver. I can't seem to lock onto the signal. I believe the problem is the "switch": on the menu both switch 1 & 2 are marked with an "X". I have switch the cable between the two outputs on the LNBF but didn't help.
How do I get the switch to work so I can lock onto the signal? Thanks.

If you are trying to re-aim your dish, take the switch out of the mix during the aiming. Run straight from your lnbf to your box and go to the point dish screen, select the proper satellite and transponder 10 or 11. Depending on your lnbf, you may need to cover one of the "eyes" of your lnbf with tinfoil to make sure you don't point the wrong one at the satellite you are going for. Once your dish is aimed, go ahead and hook the switch back in and do your check switch.

Welcome to Satellite Guys! :)

The screen will have an "X" for the switches until the satellites get locked in. So there's nothing going wrong there, just need to get the dish pointed in the right place and things should work out.

Iceberg said:
since he said a twin, the switch is built in :)
Oops, my bad
iconbanghead.gif

Thanks guys.
I've never had a problem finding the satellite, but now I am. My understanding is that without the "switches" being active (i.e. no "X"), the signal bar doesn't work, which makes it even more difficult.
Any suggestions?

I had the "X" for the switch on my point dish screen and was able to get things working, so I don't think that part is true. The dish pointing can be tricky so you probably don't have it just right.

The process to go through with alignment is:
Make sure the mounting pole is as plumb/level as you can.
Make sure you have the correct skew setting and don't change it.
Point your dish to the azmuith and elevation you get on the point dish screen.
Slowly turn the dish until you get the highest reading, then tighten.
Then loosen back the elevation and adjust until you get an even higher reading.

Hopefully this will help you out :)

Also, since you have a twin, cover the 110 side with tin foil like simplesimon always suggests. This will gaurentee you are looking to the 119. And, you can get a signal regardless of what your switch screen says. Makes no difference unless you are trying to tune a system that has identified a DP switch with a legacy LNB. Then, you may run into a problem, but with XX's, you should be OK.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)