Still trying to decide.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jashobeam

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 3, 2006
Is there a way to get a great DirecTV package plus DVR without a 2 year contract? I was sure we were going with Dish because of their package and no commitment, but if we can get the DirecTV without a commitment it's cheaper for us.

NO

AND

It really wont be cheaper in the long run, but just choose based on the channels and/or packages you want and just go with that. You will be much happier.

I'd really like to go to satellite, preferably directv, but I'm told that in order to have full functionality for the dvr's, there need to be two cables into the dvr. Unfortunately, I only have one cable into each room, so does anyone know of a workaround solution to having two cables (I'd like to avoid drilling holes and having to pay a lot of extra fees to fish the second cable through the house). If not, has anyone heard if there's any technology coming that would mean I'd only need one cable? Thanks.

There is technology coming from DirecTV called SWM that will allow you to use just one cable into each room and still be able to use both tuners on the DVR. I'm not sure when it's coming out, but I would guess sometime in 2008.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)