Stocked up on Green Chiles Today

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Still cheaper than buying from the stores. Pays to go straight to the farm and I pick the batches I want. I learn Spanish for about 15 minutes a year.

Reactions: TRG
Well the 1000 lbs is my family and about 3-5 other families. My parents will also sell it to their friends, still cheaper than the stores and roasted/peeled/frozen/packaged for the normal family size dinners. About 6 per baggie. Takes 6 of us all night peeling and freezing. The roasting is done on the farm and stuck in the cooler with dry ice as my aunt lives in TorC and it’s a short drive. We have the “peeling” tree. Lol. Every year for 25 years it has had us around there peeling.

Reactions: dfergie
We pay about $22-$26(depends on year) per bushel roasted. I forget how many pounds that is, but I feel like it is approx 50 pounds raw.

I know there are many schools of thought on the subject. But IMHO you never peel until just before use. The skin holds in a lot of flavor during the freezing/thawing process. Ive tried it both ways. IMHO freezing with the skin on is the only way to go. Most of my Hispanic friends agree.

ImageUploadedBySatelliteGuys1598652273.323748.jpg
ImageUploadedBySatelliteGuys1598652282.741426.jpg
ImageUploadedBySatelliteGuys1598652300.709163.jpg
ImageUploadedBySatelliteGuys1598652309.809492.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys mobile app

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)