Status
Please reply by conversation.

cparker

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
May 8, 2007
Sanborn, NY
Hey if you have connections to high level techs, most likely engineer level, have them take a look at (meaning analyze) their Dolby signal. Specifically, I think the audio drops everyone is getting is not the receiver at all. I think its from the source sending record levels of the center speaker. When it changes or updates we get an audio drop while the decoding is rediscovered.

Since this happens on Dish as well, it may be in the feeds to D* (and E*) and not caused by D*, but if they can modify it, the audio drop issues may go away. Better yet, if they can get the feeds squared away.....

Hey... it's a shot.

While your talking to the Direct engineers tell them to fix Tennis Channel hd judder!!!

They have emailed me and said they are seeing no issues. Bull sh*t!!!

Every Direct system I have seen is having the same problem.

Dish is way ahead in this department when dealing with quality issues. Dish even has their own picture quality email address and I dealt with them on the phone several times with every issue I had being fixed. Not being ignored with a obvious problem.

Funny. The very next day after my rant about judder on Tennis Channel hd (been there since July). It is gone!!
At least the last few days.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)