AZBOX stop updates for azboz minime

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

tanka

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 7, 2006
Toronto Canada
pursurge the azbox Minime compare to the vantage not good box did need more updates .The azbox premium plus don't have one update for long time and the minime did few updates and the box are far to be one good box.If you at azbox Canada don't give the customers good support don't survive for to long believe me.I use my vantage vt1 and 1100hd everyday.The azbox plus same times the minime are stop for two mantes lousy blind scan and long .Did you at azbox don't no to do one good box and the support are like no support.My advice to all don't bay azbox the support are crape

We are fully aware that more firmware updates are needed in order to improve the functionality of the AzBox miniMe American Edition. Final testing and tweaks are currently being made on our upcoming 1.30 firmware release which will feature substantial improvements in blindscan performance with the ability to specify step size, minimum SR rate and other improvements as well. Our apologies for the delay as we have been extremely busy working on some other things which will become clear soon once we post our formal announcement here on this forum. :cool: Rest assured that we at AzBox Canada will continue to support all current and future AzBox models.

Best regards,

PwrSurge
AzBox Canada

Last edited:
Also, stick in some delete buttons. It would be nice to delete a Tp or channel. I don't want to have to deal with channel lists! Every box I own going back to 2004 had this right out of the gate.

Catamount

Also, stick in some delete buttons. It would be nice to delete a Tp or channel. I don't want to have to deal with channel lists! Every box I own going back to 2004 had this right out of the gate.

Catamount

We are working on that too and hopefully the ability to delete individual channels makes it to the 1.30 version. If not, it will be included in the next version after that for sure. The ability to delete transponders is on our list of things to implement in future firmware versions and should be implemented within the next few firmware updates.

Best Regards,

PwrSurge
AzBox Canada

No offense but have you ever worked for Microsoft? Always telling everyone how great it's "going to be".
Anyway, I've had my elite for almost 4 years now and it does what I want (with the exception of blind scan). I've learned to live with the warts and any updates for it would come as a surprise and quite welcome.

We are working on that too and hopefully the ability to delete individual channels makes it to the 1.30 version. If not, it will be included in the next version after that for sure. The ability to delete transponders is on our list of things to implement in future firmware versions and should be implemented within the next few firmware updates.

Best Regards,

PwrSurge
AzBox Canada

Fellas...as much as I appreciate a good fight... stuff like "dont by from.." should be said in private and not public.
Just my 2 cents.

Cheers, K

I guess what ppl need to understand is that the original company that produced the early AZBoxes (Elite, Premium, Plus, Ultra) is no longer in the business and having said that, they no longer support any firmware releases. So anything you get now will come from some other outfit that may or may not have the resources to make any improvements.

I guess this is what we get for buying products from fly by night companies that only want our money and they could give a damn less if the crap they sold works or not. Just try to get your money back from them and you'll see what I mean. THAT is one reason I'm a little "gun shy" about buying the "latest and greatest" box when they are advertised as I'm damn tired of testing someone's junk at my expense!

Ennywho, I'm not looking for any improvements in either my Elite or Ultra and I just figure I'm stuck with them like they are. AZB Ca isn't obligated to help me in any way as I didn't purchase my boxes from them so anything they do to try to help me out is appreciated. I'll give them an "E" for effort even though I'm not currently running their firmware but that may change at some point in the future.

Private if the company deserves.If not all leave on democracy at least Europe Canada Usa etc.

picard-facepalm.jpg

You are right kraven. 100% with you.
Besides of that you have to recognize that the distributor is Canada is in front of it, regarless of what happenned in Europe and the rest of the world. That guy has been always behind the products he sells. Two months ago I asked him about another product he sells. He even told me he could sell it to me at any moment but he recommended me to wait until having some glitches fixed. I have the feeling the guy is honest but I can't speak for the other distributors.

Fellas...as much as I appreciate a good fight... stuff like "dont by from.." should be said in private and not public.
Just my 2 cents.

Cheers, K

We are fully aware that more firmware updates are needed in order to improve the functionality of the AzBox miniMe American Edition. Final testing and tweaks are currently being made on our upcoming 1.30 firmware release which will feature substantial improvements in blindscan performance with the ability to specify step size, minimum SR rate and other improvements as well. Our apologies for the delay as we have been extremely busy working on some other things which will become clear soon once we post our formal announcement here on this forum. :cool: Rest assured that we at AzBox Canada will continue to support all current and future AzBox models.

Best regards,

PwrSurge
AzBox Canada

Do you have any update on when this firmware will be released? I hope that it will help with some issues that I have with this box.
It seems to lock up when switching channels, and for some strange reason it wants to just stay on one transponder when I am changing channels, I.E it doesn't want to change up to another mux of channels on the satellite.
Is this something that I am doing wrong, or is it a problem that a firmware update can fix?
This is unrelated to firmware, but how do I get the box to just flip through the channels that are on one satellite?
I have tried pressing the yellow button, but it doesnt do anything.
Is there another button besides it to select one specific satellite?

Do you have any update on when this firmware will be released? I hope that it will help with some issues that I have with this box.
It seems to lock up when switching channels, and for some strange reason it wants to just stay on one transponder when I am changing channels, I.E it doesn't want to change up to another mux of channels on the satellite.
Is this something that I am doing wrong, or is it a problem that a firmware update can fix?
This is unrelated to firmware, but how do I get the box to just flip through the channels that are on one satellite?
I have tried pressing the yellow button, but it doesnt do anything.
Is there another button besides it to select one specific satellite?

Working on the new firmware as we speak and it will be released as soon as it passes all our internal testing. As for your issue, it seems you are on channel groups (i.e. transponder provider) mode so that explains why you only see channels from the current transponder. To view all channels from a specific satellite, you first need to press the OK button then the yellow button in order to see the list of satellites. By selecting a satellite, you should then see all channels from that specific satellite.

We will soon fix this in a future firmware update so that you don't have to press OK first before the yellow button in order to change satellites.

Best regards,

PwrSurge
AzBox Canada

my azbox premium is sitting here, not even used because the microhd is far easier to use. I did the one update that came last year but it made more work than it was worth to do it. I only power it up if something isn't working and I want to see if another box has the same problem... charlie

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)