Store clerk cashes customer's winning lottery ticket

Status
Not open for further replies.
Texas Lottery commision has said they aren't going to pay the person the $1M that the ticket was worth. They are trying to recover the money that the clerk did get and put in some banks, last nights news said they had $300,000 recovered but think the clerk has left the country and can't find him or the rest of the money. He's retained a laywer and is taking the commision to court for the $1M.

While I feel sorry for the person IMHO no way should the state have to pay up except for the recovered $300,000, if he wants to sue someone sue the store that employeed the clerk, it's not the states fault that he got ripped off.

While I feel sorry for the person IMHO no way should the state have to pay up except for the recovered $300,000, if he wants to sue someone sue the store that employeed the clerk, it's not the states fault that he got ripped off.

I completely agree.

I wonder if the clerk was acting on the State's behalf, as it's agent, and if that would make the state/lottery commission liable?

I would think that him working on the state's behalf would cause the state to lose their case and have to pay the million. I saw that special on Dateline. Amazing how many people try to do cash people's lottery tickets like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)