Stored Attachments ?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

Frank Jr.

Beati pacifici 5:9
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 8, 2004
Columbia S.C.
When I go to my user CP and look at attachments there is 121.75 mbs stored. Is this stored on my end or the server. If on the server this must be huge over all. Is there a way to delete the attachments on my side to save space for the server?

I guess it's just me. I like to keep things tidy. I've got some attachments of letters from Dominion SkyAngel that are way out of date. It'd be nice to delete them. I have learned though, that if I host attachments myself, it's pretty easy to remove them :)

Nope, as i makes for a good chart of Satellite History and sometimes those attachments and messages become needed in the future.

For example the other day I needed specs on a Dish 942 receiver... and found them here on SatelliteGuys.

Also as we have seen in the past some documents become important such as documents regardng distant networks and Tivo. We have seen a lot of court documents use the material here because it is a reference of time and industry history.

SatelliteGuys is not only about looking ahead but also looking back as well. We take pride in helping keep satellite history alive. :)

Never stops to impress me. Years ago there was a company called Control Data that made hard drives that were renamed by IBM and you could look down through a glass top and see the platters spinning, or at least you knew they were. Back then storage space was a premium thing. Heck I started out with a ("comode-adoe") .......:rolleyes:

Last edited:
When I look back it was amazing what those guys did with code with the limited space they had to work with. Oh that's another story that doesn't belong here. oops.:)

search for attachments?

I appreciate what I've read, above.
But still, I don't like to trash up the forum with unneeded duplication.

Is there a secret to searching for attachments?
In the past, I've tried, but never found it possible.
Maybe if you know part of the file name...?

Reason I ask, is because I'd like to locate and link-to old pictures, and not upload them again.
Not my pictures - that would be too easy. - :cool:
Over the years, I've downloaded many pictures from SatGuy's, and don't always know who posted them or in what thread.
To refer to those old photos, it would be nice to be able to locate the original.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)