Storm knocked out service

Tnierescher

Original poster
Mar 29, 2009
Vermilion,Oh
Hello am new to this but last night a storm knocked out my signal I am trying to get it back but Dishnetwork will not come out for a few days going crazy.Does anyone know how or where to point the dish.I have a 500 dual reciever system HD please help just started my one and only week of vacation.

go into your menu and look at your signal strangth meter. Now move ur dish slowly till you get the meter to jump to a high number. To point it try hitting 119* 110* when u do a check switch test it will tell u if u hit it right.

theres no snow and I cant tell if its moved or not,but it keep trying to get a signal steps 0-5 and it got to 1 once but thats it.

Last edited:
MORE DETAIL

theres no snow and I cant tell if its moved or not,but it keep trying to get a signal steps 0-5 and it got to 1 once but thats it.

You need to give much more details than you have. Like the dish you have; receiver, & location. What type of storm was it? If it had hail it may have damage the dish/LNB setup. If it was just rain & wind then most likely the dish has just turn on the pole. As I said give us more info.

my Dish was knocked out last nite from about 8 PM till this AM. It's the longest it's ever been out. But looking at the radar last night, there was quite a mess of freezing rain/snow etc in the Erie area.

If you have wet, heavy snow, or ice build-up on your dish (even small amounts), you will lose signal. Warm (not hot) water in a Super-soaker can fix this right up. If you live somewhere that normally has heavy winter storms, a dish heater is a wise investment.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)