Strange 722 problem

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

PJW99

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 22, 2007
I have a weird issue with my 722. Whenever I watch something I recorded, about 3/4 of the way through the picture freezes followed by the receiver re-booting on its own. Yet I never have that issue when watching live TV.

Im wondering if I have a corrupt hard drive and if its time to get a new 722. I have Service Plan, and also have the External Hard Drive feature enabled on it. Im wondering if I should talk to Dish Tech Support about getting a new receiver, then purchase an EHD to back up all of my DVR Recordings.

Does this seem like an issue with a corrupt hard drive, or is it something else?

Go into system info (menu,6,1,3) arrow down and check the Values. If value 7 equals -2 instead of 4 that would indicate hard drive problems

Go into system info (menu,6,1,3) arrow down and check the Values. If value 7 equals -2 instead of 4 that would indicate hard drive problems

That's what my 622 is.Value 4 is 1 and Value 7 is -2.After having a 625 and always seeing all Values at 0 and Value 7 at 4.I was starting to wonder if these values on my 622 were an indication of the issues I'm having with my 622.

Last edited:
Ok I'm sorry but I was wrong on that. The values to check on the 722 are 0 and 1. I believe it's if value 0>1 or value 1>10. I know I've been doing this a while, but I hardly ever check there. If the hard drive crashes it should bring up a message about difficulty recording when you start it up.

Ok I'm sorry but I was wrong on that. The values to check on the 722 are 0 and 1. I believe it's if value 0>1 or value 1>10. I know I've been doing this a while, but I hardly ever check there. If the hard drive crashes it should bring up a message about difficulty recording when you start it up.

Doesn't matter as I'm having hangups in my recordings so Dish Network is sending another 622.Maybe HDD,maybe software.I"ll compare the two.I have DHPP.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts